Stupid T-fighters

More
18 years 5 months ago #18638 by flend
Stupid T-fighters was created by flend
A random observation.

Imagine a group of 2 freighters and 4 tugs. I think 'wow, I could get some handy processed cheese from this lot' so I launch my t-fighters. I tell them to attack 1 tug and I take another one out. Now, the other 2 tugs haven't turned hostile on me (red) but they are attacking my T-fighters. However, the t-fighters just seem to sit there because the tug isn't red and so they don't attack it. And then they die. So I have to recycle them. Or just use them as turrets. Neither of which I enjoy. A bug I guess?

On a separate observation, the difficulty of the game has plunged from the end of act 1 (now finishing act 2). Fly around in my patcom with twin linked gatling cannons, destroy everything, where is the challenge? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14118 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Stupid T-fighters
When you order a T-Fighter to attack a specific ship (Attack My Target) they will do just that. But sometimes, as soon as they finish off the target, you have to give them new orders (even if it's just the generic 'Defend Me') to keep them moving.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14119 by Mklangelo
Replied by Mklangelo on topic Stupid T-fighters
T-Fighters need lots of instructions. One thing at a time, they finish, then they do nothing until the next order. It would be nice if they defaulted to "Defend Me". You can't forget them.

If everyone is special, then nobody is special...

Dammit Cal...