How come I haven't received any distress call ?

More
18 years 9 months ago #18502 by Taurus
I launched this game for the first time this week and can't believe I had overlooked it until now. What a pity ! I wish I had been playing it since it came out, but anyway, hi everyone, I have been picking up all informations I could find on these site and forums, so now I'm wondering :

I'm at the very beginning of act 1, I'm currently pirating, waiting for the Stepsons' hiring mail. From what I have read, it seems quite obvious the distress calls are a good way to find some loot. How come I haven't received any of these distress calls ?

*Should I have any specific equipment onboard my ship that could catch the distress calls ?
*Should I be in some specific locations to receive distress calls ?
*Do you have to wait some time in the open space before you start receiving distress calls ? in case yes, approx how much time ?
*Maybe the distress calls everyone is talking about are not received inflight but only at Lucrecia's base (as messages)?
*Do the distress calls start coming in after you have reached a specific mission ?
*any other ideas you could imagin (corrupted install or scripts, ...) ? I guess they should appear as Clay or Jaf's messages inflight in the hud, but I'm hopelessly waiting...

Thanks for the answers !

(Oh and please, can anyone confirm there is no consequences for attacking a corporation's convoy, i.e. the whole corpo won't turn hostile even if you plunder them to death ? what if you try to pirate some corporation's ship next to this corporation's base ?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13391 by Shane
No worries...You won't encounter distress calls until Act II.

And plunder away... the corporations won't turn hostile for taking their stuff; as far as they're concerned right now you're beneath their notice. That'll change in time... but not for a long time.

Cheers. :)

More
18 years 9 months ago #13392 by Taurus
Thx a lot Shane, I was a bit confused by some other posts claiming receiveing distress calls in act 1, but I'll trust you ! :)

More
18 years 9 months ago #13425 by psyborg
You do get distress calls in act 1...but only after some stuff with the Stepsons I think...