Stupid mistake / missing base

More
18 years 10 months ago #18485 by Dungeon
I was screwing around and had cheats set on, and destroyed The Ritz by accident.. now it's gone off my map, and location finder.

Does anyone know how to get a base back into the game, or how I can edit my savegame to get it back in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13329 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Stupid mistake / missing base
No way I know of to edit a savegame file. Certainly the information could be altered via 'hexing', but I don't think anyone knows which bits pretain to the Ritz's state (alive/hidden/destroyed).

If you have a previous save you can start from that. If you need a save I can provide one; I'm playing through again and keeping a library of all my saves. What act and mission are you at?

More
18 years 10 months ago #13330 by Dungeon
Grassy Knoll/ Trouble at the ranch

I'm surprised this happened, I've had the game since release and this is the first time I killed a base like this and found out they don't respawn.

I wonder what happens when you kill every base in the game, I wonder if all shipping stops. heh oh well.

I appreciate the help Shane.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13331 by GrandpaTrout
I think that station assault respawns destroyed stations. You could try running that mod and see if it shows back up.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13334 by Dungeon
That's a good idea, i'll try that, thanks :)

More
18 years 10 months ago #13336 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Stupid mistake / missing base
If that doesn't work drop me a line at shanemaness (at) netscape.com and I'll email you a savegame which should be pretty close to where you're at.