so...what should i do?

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #18417 by krisvek
hey all, i love this game...
wish it wasnt dead, like all the good space games

however, i refuse to stop playing it :)
so, i was wondering what MODS and such are reccomended? of most interest to me are things like graphics enhancements, but custom campaigns and such would be great too

and lastly...how is the mod scene doing? what is this game programmed in, and is the source code released? (for either EoC, or the first one)

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #12860 by Second Chance
Hi there, krisvec. There are tons of mods available, and I'm sure many will be recommended. As far as graphics go, I know that some success has just been had in replacing the planets with high-poly versions, which look very nice. So a mod for that is bound to come out soon. And the Buda5 team has made a bunch of Babylon 5 ships to replace existing ones. And of course I have to plug the Star Wars: Wings of Defiance mod, which is basically a multiplayer total conversion (models by me :)). Read all about it here: ina-community.com/forums/showthr ... did=377192

The mod scene is managing to struggle along. A lot of stuff is in the works, just very little gets released. The game code has, sadly, not been released for long and boring reasons. But there is a scripting language for it called POG, which is relatively easy to learn. Some of the more regular guys can fill you in more. Enjoy.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.