Another Patch?

More
19 years 11 months ago #18056 by RHTG
Another Patch? was created by RHTG
Anyone know of any new patches in the works? The game is still a tad glitchy - I beat Scene 2 simply because the Big Bads at the end of the mission just didnt show up - just me, the fleet and an L-point. Everone patting me on the back for winning, I dont know what I won! I didnt see any of the end movie, where I assume the Big Bad shakes his/her (no spoilers here) fist and says curses foiled again.
I accepted that outcome since a previous attemt at that mission I lost due to a glitch. Az and Lori were caught in an explosion that should have killed them - but instead teleported them 5e7 km away. And the computer kept the countdown running and killed me - even though there were no badguys around anymore.

I'd love to see a few other things - but now I'm just being picky - if you chase a ship into LDS but dont knock it out of LDS with an LDSI, sometimes after a few million km it just disappears (unlike the marauder squadron I chased 20bkm from the nearest chunk of dirt hoping they'd lead me to the mysterious hidden base.)
I'd like to see in IW III the ability to go dirtside - what, we've got all these planets and you can fly by them and smack into them if you're on manual LDS but you cant interact with them? No Mos Isley Space Port wretched hive of scum and villany? Adjectives that certainly apply to Jaffs if not the rest of the crew. Bah! I say! Bah! Clunky ol' dos Wing Commander:Privateer could!

"Yer about to suck void, buddy!"
-Pirates "Wing Commander:Privateer"

The Original Plan - get into as much trouble as possible, then shoot your way out

The Original Plan - get into as much trouble as possible, then shoot your way out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9846 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic Another Patch?
Sorry, there won't be any more patches. None of the Devteam is working on I-War 2 or indeed any other I-war games anymore.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

More
19 years 10 months ago #9898 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Another Patch?
Out of curiosity ... if your company wanted to make another I-War game, would you own the necessary rights to do it?

More
19 years 10 months ago #9915 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic Another Patch?
No, we don't own the rights AFAIK.

Particle Systems was closed down as a company, and the staff transferred to Argonaut. That means the rights now belong to Atari and whoever was responsible for winding the company up and distributing the remaining assets to any creditors.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

More
18 years 6 months ago #13796 by Ciberputa
Replied by Ciberputa on topic Another Patch?
Sorry por the bump
Where is Stephen Robertson now?. Argonaut is closed...

More
18 years 6 months ago #13797 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Another Patch?
He still pops in from time to time... both here and at the Atari I-War forums.