Just Finished the Game

More
20 years 2 months ago #17922 by UglyAngel
Just finished the game -- wow, what an ending!

It makes me wish for a sequel.

It's a good thing the Navy took out Maas the way they did ... I hit him with antimatter, cannon shells, PBC fire, the Navy Aggressor Shield, and topped it off with dual cutting beams. Couldn't touch him.

Off-topic: Aren't cutting beams cool?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8604 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Just Finished the Game
Hey, congratulations man!!!!

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 2 months ago #8632 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic Just Finished the Game
The ending...you know, I'm not sure what I think. It's dramatic, and kind of cool, but the aliens just kinda showing up at the end of a game which was so human-centric seemed kind of out of place. But then, I haven't played through I-war 1, and I get the feeling there is a lot more history to those buggers then I know. But, if so, I would've prefered if they had explained it more.

Gah though....RED mist. I don't mind not being able to see far in front of me, but why did it have to be red mist that blends in so well with my HUD? Kinda makes me wish I could've pirated a blue-HUD program somewhere.

and OT: Yes, cutting beams are fun :)

More
20 years 2 months ago #8635 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic Just Finished the Game
i have had the same thought before:D, only i wanted a green one

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 2 months ago #8664 by EvolutioN
Replied by EvolutioN on topic Just Finished the Game

Originally posted by UglyAngel

Just finished the game -- wow, what an ending!

It makes me wish for a sequel.

It's a good thing the Navy took out Maas the way they did ... I hit him with antimatter, cannon shells, PBC fire, the Navy Aggressor Shield, and topped it off with dual cutting beams. Couldn't touch him.

Off-topic: Aren't cutting beams cool?

Hehe, the first thing I thought after the last cutscene and movie was: I want that expansion pack! :D

Btw, Cutting beams own

Grtz,
Evo

The sum of all fears..!!

More
20 years 2 months ago #8684 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Just Finished the Game
Expansion pack!? Please tell me you're not joking ... what's it called?

MUST ... HAVE ... I-WAR EXPANSION ...

(for that matter I probably should get the original I-War, as well!)

I noticed that Atari (formerly IG) is selling I-War 2. Does that mean I picked the I-War developers' pockets when I bought EoC off of Ebay?

I've been collecting vintage games and couldn't help but notice that usually the parent companies are dead and buried. The better the game, the deader the developers, it seems. SimTex is dead, Software Refinery is dead, Accolade is dead, heck even Origin is dead.

Is Firaxis the only survivor? I heard Joe Ybarra was going to do something Starflight-ish at some point, but I still haven't decided whether his games were any good or not. (If you put the good as numerator over the bad as denominator you get like one of those limits of infinity over infinity whose asymptote sort of forever reaches toward "1" ... good game, or bad game? And so on ...)

Dead companies often get picked up by deep pockets who release CRAPWARE leveraged on the name recognition. Anyone play Master of Orion 3? What a piece of ****!

What about Particle Systems? Is Particle Systems still alive, or are they a gutted shell whose name is owned by Atari (which itself is a gutted shell whose name is owned by the company formerly known as Infogrames)?

Will there be more offerings in the Newtonian game space? Will we get to find out whether the Sol cluster was warned in time to cut themselves off from Gagarin before the Chaos Aliens had them for dessert? Will the Badlands Cluster Antimatter Brigade storm to Sol's rescue? ("Dude, PBC's are so 500 years ago ...")

And back to my original question: Is there an expansion?