The HEATSINKs was created by They_HunGer
Hey What is the best heatsink or the most effective:

Gamma
Beta
Alpha
Sealed
Delta

(in the trade screen the alpha is the most CHEAPEST
and the Gamma has the highest prince, does it mean that its the ultimate heat sink)

I use sealed by the way

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6924 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic The HEATSINKs
Hi They_HunGer--

I believe the Omega heat sink is the best. You can install other accessories -- such as an active cooler -- when they are available for trade or in one of the missions. A Gamma sink is the LOWEST you should bother with. Delta is higher and Omega higher still.

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6927 by NathanKell
Replied by NathanKell on topic The HEATSINKs
Sealed is the worst, but you get extra stealth (well, technically less brightness) with it.
The normal ones are in {Greek} alphabetical order:
Alpha
Beta
Gamma
Delta
...(letters between Delta and Omega were skipped)
Omega

www.battletechmodproductions.com/
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

More
20 years 8 months ago #6963 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic The HEATSINKs
Hi NathanKell --

I like your Battletech site! It appears that you're interested in the "universe" (circa 3100) as much as I am. The Mechwarrior series of games (2 through 4) are almost as good as EOC.

More
20 years 8 months ago #6968 by NathanKell
Replied by NathanKell on topic The HEATSINKs
I can't claim credit for the site; that's MaSaKaRi's child. I help out on the various projects there (and, ahem, advertise... ;)). But I'll certainly pass it on, and I know he'll appreciate it.
I notice you didn't mention MW1; do you genuinely dislike it, or haven't played it (enough?)? It's certainly the most like EoC (or, rather, Frontier) in that it's at base dynamic, with an optional plot. Poor graphics (though good for its time), but the best BT gameplay--well, excepting MPBT and its iterations, which basically /are/ the MW1 combat engine.

I confess I've (somewhat consciously) sought to avoid learning anything about the post-3067 BT universe, though, and all that Jihad/WizKids stuff. But I'm more of a 3025 man myself anyway...

But it's always good to find another BT fan! :)

{/hijack ;)}

www.battletechmodproductions.com/