Heat Sinks?

More
20 years 11 months ago #17786 by Trent__D
Heat Sinks? was created by Trent__D
I know I've already asked this question, but didn't get much of an answer for it. Am wondering which is the best heatsink to have fitted to your ship.... and if it isn't a simple case of which is better then what are the "pro's" and "con's" of the various different models. I think I have a beta in my hangar and a gamma fitted to my ship.

---#"Our last hope went out with Captain Mission"#---

---#"Our last hope went out with Captain Mission"#---

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6460 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic Heat Sinks?
Trent_D: I'm also having a difficult time finding out about heat sinks (i.e. which is the best, etc.). This seems to be very arcane information. If you already have a gamma on your ship, near as I can figure, the only improvement would be an omega. I also installed an active cooler which I received after the "posse" mission.

BB

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6465 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic Heat Sinks?
From worst to best:

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega. Sealed are a special case, and aren't exactly great (I think somewhere between alpha and beta), so only use them when you need stealth really really bad. Which is, IMO, precisely never, but other may disagree.

Upgrade to delta when it becomes available, then Omega. Pick up sealed if you think you'll need them for some reason I can't fathom. Ignore Alpha, Beta and Gamma - they're only in there because the developers originally planned to start you with an Alpha heatsink, but decided they weren't that evil.

If you get the offer, pick up advanced heatsinks too - they're an add on module that increases the efficiency of any heatsink attached.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6471 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic Heat Sinks?
Finally!!!! Thanks again.

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.