What you like about the game...

More
21 years 1 month ago #5652 by EricMan64

Why do we like the PC games so much more than the old arcade games?

Because nobody likes games that are old... *waits for the real answer* ... Complexity! Aw, I was so close. Can I at least get partial points?

Hopefully, designers will realize what most space-sim fans want is realistic environments... mass and momentum... g-forces and seat-of-the-pants caculations and strategy.

That's one of the things that I can't stand about Freelancer. There's almost no realism to it. Physics are nonexistent and the solar systems are very unrealistically small. In EoC, you feel how huge space is and how it's mostly empty space. In freelancer, solar systems are just litle areas where you can practically see a station from the other side, and there's hardly any empty space in space.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5657 by toastrack
Not played Freelancer. Sounds like it sucks though............yer dead right........deep speace should be just that.......

enemies hiding in the blackness between the stars just a few k's away from the unwary rocks bi time....even if that Jafs bloke bleats like a scared lamb a little too often....shoulda left him in the nick.

Saying that though....I-War.........WHAT A GAME!!!.....Clay looked cooler back in those days too.

Totally stunned and sucked into the whole ease of modification of EoC though, If you ever see a PS guy in the pub buy him a drink from me.

Totally looking forward to summer release of Dogs of war mod if you guys get it out there.

Anybody working on a model of the milennium falcon out there?....wouldnt mind scooting about for a little bit of of Star wars themed piracy

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5660 by Shane

That's one of the things that I can't stand about Freelancer. ...the solar systems are very unrealistically small.

Actually, if you look at EoC, their solar systems are smaller than real life.

I never fail to be amazed at just how much space is really out there. Stunning.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 1 month ago #5668 by Hot4Darmat
Space is big, alright. REAL big. Problem is it is so big that in a game, who wants to spend all their gameplay time sitting and waiting while they traverse immense distances. So the designers start sacrificing reality for "playability", or gameplay experience, or some such thing.

Hey toastrack: I don't know of any Millenium Falcon ship mods, but someone made an A wing. There are loads of cool ship mods you can download from the Modders/Downloads pages at this site...especially if you're a Babylon 5 fan. The B5 ships are incredible, and worth the time trying each and every one. No one has, to my knowledge, made any Space: 1999 ships for IWar2, nor any other Star Wars ships (been done to death, and reasonably well by Totally Games), Star Trek ships (done to death elsewhere), nor Blake's 7, nor Red Dwarf, nor Andromeda, nor Firefly, nor Battlestar Galactica, nor Buck Rogers, nor Flash Gordon, nor Captain Cody, nor Star Blazers, nor Space Rangers, Space Police, Space Truckers, Space Academy, Space Marines, etc.

...so feel free to get modding. There are lots of experienced modellers here, some of whom are even very nice people who would surely help alot. I'm not one of them (the modeller part...not the 'not nice' part, but others may disagree). I digress.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 1 month ago #5677 by Shane
One of these days, I swear, I shall pilot a Space:1999 Eagle![8D]

Just gotta get a few projects out of the way first...:D:D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions