Banners Anyone?

More
19 years 10 months ago #10693 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Banners Anyone?

Originally posted by Tarcoon

I did it with Paint Shop Pro

Paint Shop Pro I haven't installed and can't import this format with PS.

But if you have a larger version of this pic you can send it to me jabba.th at web.de, format bmp,tga or less compressed jpg. If you don't have a larger version I'll see if I can do smthg with the already available.
Anyways this would need more time than working with a PS file so I can't say for sure when I have some time to do it.

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10696 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Banners Anyone?
Sent a .bmp and a .psd :)) version.

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 9 months ago #10707 by Roi Danton
Didn't had the time to do something with the banners.

But Tarcoon, what you made with "our Beta Squad" looked quite good. :) So the text looks much better than in the Banner. It seems as you had used shadows and transparency for the text now? (I can't say it exactly 'cause of the low resolution))

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 9 months ago #10708 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Banners Anyone?
You are right, text finished with emboss, shadow and transparency. If you like this style more I'll remake some banners. The frame seems to fit too.
Originally it was not my intention to emphasize the text. And depending on the background the embossed style looks sometimes "funny". You'll see...

More
19 years 9 months ago #10738 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Banners Anyone?
Way cool! These banners are bad assed! This is exactly the kind of thing we need. And it brings me to something I thought about alot while I was away; we need to come up with an actual name for the mod, not just "The EoC Star Wars Mod." If anyone else reads the gaming mags as heavily as I do you may have noticed quite a flood of new Star Wars mods for various games lately. The good news is; I don't think copyright issues are much of a problem anymore. The bad news is; now we need to come up with a really fantastic name to seperate our mod from the also rans. I was thinking something like "Star Wars: Eternal Battles" or something like that, to reflect the never-ending replayability of our mod. The floor is open on this and I think I'm going to start a new thread on it, so post stuff there instead of here, ok?

Again, those banners are gorgeous! Now all we need is a great name to go with them.

*edit*
One more thing. Tarcoon, are those actual screen pics of my X-Wings? If so, thank you :D! They look soooo good in the banners, it makes me so proud (sniffle).

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #10757 by Roi Danton
I've just made a new version of the picture.

Thanks to Tarcoons great screenshot and the situation that he sent me the file already in the psd format it took just 20 minutes:

... just to offer possibilities how the text could look. (size 2/3 from original, font is from Babylon5)

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com