Banners Anyone?

More
19 years 9 months ago #10920 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Banners Anyone?
Could I please have copies of the original screenshots used for the three banners? Thanks.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10940 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Banners Anyone?
They've been sent...

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 9 months ago #10978 by Second Chance
I just wanted you guys to see some logos from other Star Wars mods, as well as a few official ones.

This is just more brainstorming stuff. The last one I included just because it's sooo cool. It's the only SW logo I've ever seen that uses the old original concept art (which I love! Ralph McQuarrie = My Hero :)).

Enjoy.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 9 months ago #10985 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Banners Anyone?
Wooahhh! On first sight this massive colorful collection is amazing.

But let's come a bit closer:

well, there are only three of these banners showing some pics - those are not very detailed. The banners seem to be a bit overloaded too. The banner format limits the possibilities to arrange the stuff shown.

The other banners "emphasize" text (btw some nice jobs!). ) No hint what the mod will look like and weather it's adorable to download it. 9 from 10 use original star wars font. Do we want to use text only banners? Then we do need some text art but that's easy to do.

I do believe we shall show the quality of the models on the banners and inform about mod name and source game. We may make the banners bigger if you want but should not overdo it. A nice pic and some text to get the information. Let's keep it simple.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10987 by Second Chance
Yes, pics are good. My favorite is the one in your sig, Tarcoon. But don't forget, typeface choice is very important to convey the proper feel too. I like the typeface in Imperial Assault. It's bold and powerful, and fits the mood of the mod name very well. I'm sure we'll come up with something awsome.

btw - These aren't really banners. But they contain great examples of logo design.