Small fighter gunfire

More
19 years 10 months ago #18091 by Second Chance
MajorTom, what did you change to get the weapon flashes and bolt discharges to appear smaller than normal? Was it the Lightwave avatars, or did you change an INI setting somewhere? Thanks.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10092 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Small fighter gunfire
There a 2 avatar folders for each weapon
the subsim avatar (for example avatars/pbc)
the bolt avatar ( for example avatars/pbc_bolt)

The muzzle flash is parented to the weapons subsim.ini so you have to change the "Flare intensity" of the light in the setup scene for the subsim

The bolt color and shape is parented to the weapons bolt.ini. You can change some of the intensity settings in the setup scene for the bolt. The setup scene there, also contains the path to the bolts image.

The image of the bolt is in images/sfx. Game standard it's usually .FTC, but all of ours are .iff (self made)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10096 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Small fighter gunfire
Thanks, that's what I was after. Actually, I noticed that all the weapon bolt LW scenes only specify an image resource to use as the avatar. I suspect flux is using sprites for the actual weapon bolt visual, and that's why you can control the length. That's my suspicion anyway. No way to prove it though, unless Steve knows something. But sprites are very typically used in this way. And with the LW setup, it just makes it sooo mod-able! :D

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4