mod release version Log

More
19 years 10 months ago #18082 by MajorTom
I thought it's better to do this here and keep it rolling rather than a seperate log in the mod. This will give us a sort of "To Do" and "Done" list.

in the currently downloadable version (uploaded on May 25)

Ships: both Ties, A-Wings and X-Wings are included. Weapon lock down/release on the X-Wing is functional.

To Do:
- tweak X-Wing weapons (they are currently way too weak)
- Balance weapons and speed on all ships

Maps: Two new maps "Team Cargo Hunt" and "Search and Destroy" with thier appropriate scripts are included. (The Search and Destroy map is a really cool maze of tunnels.)
The other maps(games) are: Botmatch "Rebels vs Imp Bots", "Team Assualt", and "Star Wars Trade".

To Do:
- The sensor visibility of the cargo pods on the 2 "new" maps need to be tweaked, so you don't see them all over the map.
- The signs/billboards on the stations need new text.
- Replace the stations on some of the maps with a stationary Star Destroyer model (and a complimentary Rebel carrier).
- improve the tunnel maze map (we need a hollow asteroid with 3 exits)

General:
The ion cannon function is implemented
The ingame score screen is implimented.
The Gui reminds you to select a ship and plays ship specific music.
You can set the type of bot ships for all games
You can set the number of bots for all games and use bot replacement.
Functionality is done for re-arming /repair via a CUV.
Autorepair is set extremly low (only 1 hit point per sec.)

To Do:
- fix the bug where you can get temporarily stuck without ammo on the Ions
- add more music selections
- get other opinions on Autorepair rate and adjust accordingly.
- Improve the hit rate. (The ships are still a little hard to hit for players, but bots do well)
- resolve the (copyright) issue with sounds.

Other:
can we fix the game (factions) so we don't need the "Alpha" and "Beta" prefix to designate the map entities? (then we could use Imps and Rebs directly).

Anything else I forgot?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10020 by Second Chance

Functionality is done for re-arming /repair via a CUV.

What about using one of those Corellian Corvettes as a CUV? Seems like that might look right (or is it too big?). Any thoughts?

Autorepair is set extremly low (only 1 hit point per sec.)

I love it like this in SP, but will the extended time out in MP unbalance anything? If the idea is to rack up points, then while your sitting around getting fixed everybody else is blowing you away in the scores. However, this could actually be a stroke of brilliance. It will make the game much more strategic. The players will focus on tactics that do damage without taking it, and they'll have to make the tough decision of when to get out for repairs. Overall, unless it proves to be completely unworkable, I'm in favor of a low repair rate.

can we fix the game (factions) so we don't need the "Alpha" and "Beta" prefix to designate the map entities? (then we could use Imps and Rebs directly).

I don't understand this. Could you explain what it means? I suspect this is an MP thing, am I right?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10023 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic mod release version Log

Originally posted by Second Chance

What about using one of those Corellian Corvettes as a CUV? Seems like that might look right (or is it too big?). Any thoughts?

If you think it'll fit thats fine with me! What about the option to re-texture the truck? (to save having to make a model)

the "Alpha" and "Beta" prefix works like this: If you name a map.ini resource, for example the 'Food Plant' station, without the prefix it will be "yellow" (neutral). If you put Alpha or Beta in front of the name it will either be "red" or "blue" depending on which team you're on. ingame the contact in your list it would read "Beta Food Plant". It would be better if it read "Imp food Plant.
Thats buried in the hardcoded stuff to place the map objects, so We can't do much about it.
If we're lucky the code uses the .csv text file and not the string "Alpha" or "Beta" to allocate the faction, I'll have to try that out.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10026 by Second Chance

What about the option to re-texture the truck?

Hey, that's a good idea! I didn't think about retexturing EoC ships to disguise them. Awsome!

Thanks for explaning the Alpha/Beta thing. Now it all makes perfect sense. And yes, hopefully it's in the csv, not hard-coded. But PS did a great job of putting everything into csv's, so I have high hopes. :)

btw - Another atari member just went bananas over the mod. :D

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10070 by MajorTom
The new version dated 29 May is up!

Special test functions:

1. the turret simulation
note: This only works if you have selected the "Pioneer" ship.

In the host session screen choose either the Cargohunt, Search and Destroy or Assault game.

When you enter the game you weapons will be non-functional.
Press the key M to select a turret (you'll see the selected turret in the hud bottom left)
After you've selected the turret press F1. your weapons will be activated. You can then target an enemy bot and press F6 for approach Autopilot

(If you don't select a turret before you press F1 you'll get an error message and your weapons won't be unlocked.)

2 The X-Wing Animation
There are 3 different versions for you to try out:

a) In the Assault game: the wings are activated without an external view by pressing the key "K".

b) in the Rebels vs. Bots game: you get an external view as the wings are activated by pressing the key "K". the cutscene will stop your ship.

c) The Cargo Hunt game: Press F3 to actuate the wings. Your ship won't stop, but you'll have to press F1 to get back to normal view.
(same applies for the Search and Destroy game as they use the same script)

Here is the change log:

- Tweaked up the X-Wing guns: gave it a new bolt (made by Tarcoon)
- Voice taunts implemented: press shift and 1, 2 or 3 to hear them.
- Bot death screams implemented: (these come randomly approx 2:5)
- GUI check box added for "Bots use Disruptors": in the AI settings screen. Turning it off should improve preformance on weaker systems.
- fixed the botmatch game so R2 screams: If you, in a X-Wing, are hit by a disruptor gun
- fixed the botmatch game: You can now set the type of ships the bots fly via the [AcademyBotShips] section in the sw_academyPkg.ini.

- did some other stuff I forgot (cause I'm getting old) :D

(I'll edit the "to do" list in first post to this status)

More
19 years 10 months ago #10154 by MajorTom
About the current dev version, dated 31 May:

The Keybind to drop Shanes bomb is "H", it only works on the B-Wing.
Remember. After a few seconds the AI is turned off and the bomb continues to drift at the launch speed. i.e if you were sitting still as you launched it, the bomb will drift to a halt!
After You've launched 3 bombs you have to go back to base to get more. (getting killed doesn't automatically replenish them)

To test the cockpit switch, you'll need the start in the "Pioneer".
Press "M" to select a turret, then F1 to jump to the turret. the new cockpit will switch in. Press F1 again to get back to the "Pilots Seat"

The above functionality is currently only avaliable on the "Cargo Hunt and Search and Destroy" maps

The "Energy Cannon" gun
This is a design for an energy bomb on the B-Wing. Due to the very very slow bolt, you can't get a solid target lock if you are moving faster than 250 m/s. So don't be confused when your target icon disappears, you can still hit and damage a target if you don't see the target lock icon, provided you lined the shot up correctly. Practice makes perfect!
Sitting still, you'll get a target lock at 15.3 km. The bolt has a very short half life. i.e at 15.3 km you can knock 4 points off a station with one shot, at 5 km you'll get 8 points damage.

The B-Wing has un-guided torpedeos, as they have no homing system, they cannot be detected by a stations point defence turrets. To use the unguided torpedeos you need to be sitting still or moving in an absolutly straight line at your target.
To aim the torpedo you can use the zoom on the Energy cannon.
i.e select torpedo, select energy cannon, press the key for zoom. once you're lined up switch back to the torpedo and fire it.

Note: hitpoints, armor and shield of the B-Wing are set very high for testing. It's also not completly loaded out with all weapons and it's not textured yet.

To do:

- add the above functionality to the other scripts

- Balance the B-Wing Hull armor and hitpoints, add weapons

- Get the textures done

- improve and finalize the script for switching to the turret

- Decide on and create a Cockpit design for the Turrets switch.

- Add a default ship and map to the network GUI (so I don't have to keep telling people "be sure you select....")