Back to the skies from whence I came. . .

More
19 years 1 month ago #18380 by Second Chance
Well, looks like my company ran out of money and the magazine has basically folded (for now). So it's back off to the skies with me. I've picked up a flying gig with a local aircraft dealership ferrying the new planes from the plant to the dealership, and when they're sold, from the dealership to customers around the world. To tell you the truth, I don't think I could have survived another year behind a desk. It had it's fun moments, it just wasn't for me. But it did give me a real appreciation for being out there living the adventure of life, instead of just thinking about it.

Ironically, although I'll have less time to be around, I think I'll be more focused on my model work (because I won't be sitting in front of a computer all day long).

Well, here I go: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:D

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12484 by GrandpaTrout
Sorry to hear about the job closing. But it almost sounds like your glad it happened. The new job seems be pretty darn cool! With lots of interesting travel.

I hope we don't lose you to real life! You really helped revitalize EoC moddeling.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 1 month ago #12485 by Shane

Originally posted by Second Chance
To tell you the truth, I don't think I could have survived another year behind a desk. It had it's fun moments, it just wasn't for me. But it did give me a real appreciation for being out there living the adventure of life, instead of just thinking about it.

Yep. Now and again I long for my days of adventure (who am I kidding? I dream of travel at least weekly). But wife and kids kinda hold things in check. Enjoy the fun and have some for me. [8D]

And don't be a stranger!

More
19 years 1 month ago #12486 by Second Chance
Yeah, this last year I've really been pining away for the pilot's seat. But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Given the slow activity of the forums these days you might not even notice I'm gone. I'll certainly make sure I try to be here at least once a week. Unless I'm on a really long trip I'm sure it won't be a problem. And being away from the computer all the time will probably make me want to work on my models more frequently.

I think I'll post this over on the atari boards and see who cares.

*edit*
Oh, and thanks for the compliment GT. It means a lot. :)

Oh yeah, one more thing, about the job being pretty cool. Yes, it should be awsome. I didn't really express my enthusiasm properly in my first post. Ferry jobs are one of the most coveted non-airline flight jobs there are, and are few and far between. Getting one is almost impossible. My best friend Pete, a captain for Independence Airlines, says I need to go and buy a lottery ticket RIGHT NOW! LOL. [8D]

The way I feel right now is like those great Navy commercials on tv, where the music builds to a crescendo while they show scenes of Navy operations in action. Finally, the announcer says: "And to think; somewhere, some poor guys is buying a minivan."

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 1 month ago #12487 by Warchild
I know what you mean. Since having knee surgery, I really don't know what to do with myself other than catching up on the games I USED to play...lol..make that have played when I had the time.
Of course, I was in the military for almost 12 years before actually pursuing my current profession...which is driving trucks.
After doing long haul transport for a few years, I've come to appreciate the time I have home. Doesn't mean that I'm not bored off my backside when I'm here.
As it sits, the docs tell me its going to be a bloody long time before I'm back to normal, so now, all I see are those skiing comercials and stuff on the tele. LMAO
Adventure HA...excitement HA..An old man craves not these things LOL. Actually..we do. It just depends on how long we have inbetween to recupperate and lick our wounds. LOL
Ummm...Should this be a congradulations for the new job or a condolence for the old job?
Either way, good luck, at least you'll be doing something fun. I don't like sitting behind a desk either. Don't feel as though I've done anything at the end of the day.
Cheers