Needed 3D help for New FanMade Independence War

More
12 years 11 months ago #19166 by Vasenkov
Hello, good people!

For some time now I develop a little basis for an space simulator, and I want to use it for the revival of the great game. But the main problem - 3D models. I ask people help with the modeling or extracting from the game with the textures, models.

I hope very much for your help.

Future of the galaxy is in your hands!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #17142 by avimimus
Ah, do you have a website? How are you planning to do this? There might be other areas to recruit (eg. SimHQ).

More
12 years 3 months ago #17143 by cambragol
One of the members of this forum made tools to convert .pso files to .lwo files. His member name was Jasper, and a search would likely bring up a link to his tools, which are still hosted on his site. Actually, I think the link is in his sig.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #19814 by d3rt13n
Hey,

I have something that might be of interest to you:

This file has all the meshes from I-war 2 in 3d format which were extracted from the game:

app.box.com/s/jvqyfjn8swqpsv0oh0vwb00maz2xbv1v

To view the meshes in wings3d or export them:

Download Wings3d (google it) (a free 3d develop program like blender) and you can export the different meshes to a 3d format of your choice.

Hope this helps.

If the meshes are not visible, go to window->geometry graph
and in the window that opens click on the eye icons to view and hide the different meshes. They are cataloged in different folders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schmatzler

More
8 years 8 months ago #19818 by schmatzler
Thank you, that's definitely helpful for modders.

I don't know if I'm allowed to add it to the download section, though. If it's coming from the game files and not publicly available, I don't want to take any risks.

Space. The final frontier.