file MODELS! Where are you ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #19123 by NucNuc
Now that I've learned some basics on model editing, I'm looking for them to work with, preferable some newer ones, but the most recent models I can find are some Babylon 5 models, updated 2004, and a bit low-poly looking.
Haven't there been some more modelling efforts (besides TornStars and UnstableSpaces, which I'm not able to install [<font size="1">See on Tornstars forum, if intersted</font id="size1">])?

By the way, even I'm a NotModeller <font size="1">(by now;))</font id="size1">, is there a polycount limitation to the EOC-engine? Looking on the screenies on TornStars gallery, the ships look newly, higher-resolution textured, but on the first view not really more detailled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16965 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic MODELS! Where are you ?
Check the sticky at the top of this forum. There is a link to Jasper's EOC tools. Actually, here is the link:
pointless.net/eoc/

I used his amazing work to convert EVERY SINGLE EoC model into lightwave 7 format. So now I can go in and tweak ships anyway I want. I used his instruction for setting up a batch process with Cygwin to convert every model and texture within there respective folders within the extracted 'resource' folders structure. Makes modelling and working with the models within the game infinitly easier.

As for other models, I have found a couple of good resources/communities

www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/
www.foundation3d.com/index.php?c ... tionid=375

More
14 years 6 months ago #16966 by NucNuc
Replied by NucNuc on topic MODELS! Where are you ?
Thanks for the info. I think I have still to "mature" a bit until I start using Jasper's stuff.

As for other models, there is also this site, especially for somebody interestet in Star Wars and Star Trek models:

www.scifi3d.com/

But I was asking about models made by the community, "fan-developments" of ships found in-game, like a 2nd or 3rd generation Puffin or "advanced fast-attack-corvette" or a command-section "NSO 1702 X" or the first selfdeveloped "Oman-Muhjahed-selfdefence-corvette".

More
14 years 6 months ago #16968 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic MODELS! Where are you ?
Pretty much every community made model is being hosted in the Downloads section of this site. There may also be a few in old posts over on the Atari forums. That is probably about it however.