New and cazy moods

More
19 years 4 months ago #18321 by Vali
New and cazy moods was created by Vali
Hi,

I’m new here. I have no idea how to create moods but, I have some ideas on new ones.
<font color="red"> 1)Advance Flak Canon Array (This weapon has 2 abilities not found in normal I-War 2 ammo based WEAPONS.)</font id="red">
2)Heavy Gauss Rifle (This is an improved version of the Long Range PPC.)
<font color="black"> 3)Nightmare F1 5-89 Patcom (Another ship that replaces the ComSec. Only this one is true nightmare for anyone. NOTE: I have the design on paper but, you’ll have to make it fly.)</font id="black">
<font color="navy"> 4)More pirates (Make Marauder attacks on yow and other ships common. After all yow destroyed all their bases.) </font id="navy">

[?]Any body interested?[?]
I’ll give you all the details if you’ll attempt to make them. I assure you that they are possible and can be changed if you
don't like something about them.

Have a prosperous year!!
Vali

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12119 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic New and cazy moods
What you propose sound like very simple INI tweaks. I highly suggest downloading the SDKs and learning to mod yourself. You'll get much greater satisfaction from your own mods and you'll know they're exactly the way you want them. I'm on this board every day (as are many others), and will gladly help you with any troubles you run into.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 4 months ago #12120 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic New and cazy moods
I’ll try.
But I still need a 3D engine compatible with I-WAR2 and a manual for it.
Anybody got one[?]

Vali

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

More
19 years 4 months ago #12122 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic New and cazy moods
Unfortunatley, theres a problem there. You need LightWave 5.6 to make Iwar2 models. More recent versions can't the texturing right for it. And I can't find any source for old versions. NewTek only sell version 8. Which is useless for this.

Even if there was a source, it would cost several hundred.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12123 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic New and cazy moods
Well, three things:

1. Sorry Vali, I had no idea you were talking about making models (you should have posted this in the 3D Modelling forum). I thought you were looking at simple INI tweaks and a little POG scripting.

2. Any version of Lightwave other than 6.0 (specifically) is fine for making EoC models. They all offer the old style of texturing without uv coordinates, and can export 5.6 objects or scenes. I, personally, use version 6.5. And I believe Shane uses version 8. The only problem encountered so far with versions other than 5.6 is that glow texture alpha maps don't seem to go through the converter properly. Thus, you can't make glowing textures.

3. Most older versions of Lightwave can be found on ebay for around $150 (US). If that won't work for you, get a free modeler and read my tutorial stickied at the top of the 3D Modelling forum about using other packages to make EoC models. Then send me your models and I'll convert them for you.

This is all assuming that when you say "a 3D engine" what you mean is "a 3D modeling software package". Eoc already contains a 3D game engine called Flux, which is used to render and display the 3D world and models in the game.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 4 months ago #12125 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic New and cazy moods
Ah, I was under the impression that anything greater than 5.6 was useless. Sorry bout that.