Bad News. We've lost our cockpit modeler :(

More
19 years 5 months ago #18301 by Second Chance
Sorry to say, but Inamo (the jester) can no longer work on the project with us. He's had a catastophic computer failure which he cannot afford to repair. He was nice enough to make sure I got all the core work he did so far, so we haven't lost anything. But unless someone else wants to take a stab at the work, that means it goes back onto my list.

I will get everything done eventually, but I know the holdup I'm causing is very annoying and disapointing to everyone, sorry.

Hot4, would you care to take a shot at it? I can send you all the Tie cockpit files if you think you're up to it. Or Shane?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12027 by Second Chance
Is anybody reading anything other than the Absent and Tardy list in the AOB forum?

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 4 months ago #12028 by Shane

Is anybody reading anything other than the Absent and Tardy list in the AOB forum?

Yes.

Sadly, I'd be unable to do any modeling until I'm in my new house. I'm working the renovation myself, and way behind schedule. I've mothballed all projects until the house is done. Currently I'm paying the notes for two houses plus the renovation materials... so if I'm not remodeling I'm working to cover my expenses.

I should finish before mid-January, and then have some free time to model.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12029 by Second Chance
That's all right Shane. I only put your name up there so you wouldn't be left out. As per our conversation a while back I know that modeling is the last thing you need to be doing right now. If the mood strikes you when you're done, I'm sure there will still be plenty of work to go around.

Actually, I'm even considering poking around a Lightwave forum or two to look for someone to pick-up where Inamo left off. Know of any with an active community of gamers?

More
19 years 4 months ago #12058 by Hot4Darmat
Sorry for delay in reply-posting. I know I expressed some interest in making new cockpit models in the past, but I was competely unaware at the time that they were 3D models. For some embarassingly stupid reason I thought they were 2D graphic images. I would love to make a series of new cockpit models, but I just can't until I gain some modelling skills.

I'm over my head right now in RL obligations (like Shane, working hard in 'spare' time on home-related things, and working hard at 2 jobs to pay for said home-related things). I also have 2 very busy little boys under 3 that require much of my spare time attention. I AM trying to slowly work my way through some LW tutorials to get myself some skills in 3D modelling, but the pace at which I'm able to work on this (minus how much I forget between sessions) means the rate of skill acquisition is slower than slow.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 4 months ago #12060 by Second Chance
No prob. I'm sure we'll get it all worked out. :)