X-Wing Update! (big pics)

More
19 years 6 months ago #18286 by Second Chance
I thought I would keep everyone apprised of the model happenings for the Star Wars mod while you're waiting for the beta. So without further ado. . .

I've been playing around with my new graphics tablet and having lots of fun. It really helps the work to flow more naturally. And since I've been having so much fun practicing with it, I decided to go back an super-accurize the X-Wing fighter's textures. It's now much more detailed, and looks more like the ones in the movies.

Compare the old, bland looking textures here. . .

. . . with the new super-accurized textures (yes, they really are this dirty in the movies).

I also reworked the mesh a little around the engines. Compare the old engines here. . .

. . . with the new recessed thruster cores with cool lighting (they light up exactly like this in-game).

I hope everyone approves. What's nice is that all the dirt and grease and soot are on their own layers in the Photoshop files, so at any time I can simply leave them out and texture up a brand-new, fresh off the lot, low mileage X-Wing if the need ever arises.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11883 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic X-Wing Update! (big pics)
Looks cool with the grime.

Great Work!

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 6 months ago #11886 by Second Chance
Thanks MajorTom. The new files are already on their way to you.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 1 month ago #12596 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic X-Wing Update! (big pics)
Can you resend them please.

found everything else but not them.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site