Hey Shane!

More
19 years 6 months ago #18268 by Second Chance
Hey Shane! was created by Second Chance
Hey Shane!

Do you know how to clone a selection of multiple objects?

How about how to change a light parameter on multiple lights at once? You know, like selecting all the lights I want and just selecting a new light color once, and having it apply to all of them?

I can't figure out how to make Lightwave do anything to more than one thing at a time. It's really starting to annoy me.

Thanks if you've got some answers. [8D]

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11798 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Hey Shane!
To clone an item use the 'clone' command from the Add drop-down box.

To change multiple settings use your spreadsheet editor. Everything listed in the scene in one spot.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11801 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Hey Shane!
LoL, I know how to clone an item. But the clone command won't clone multiple item. It only clones the first selected item in the multiple selection. I'd like to be able to select, for example, an array of lights and be able to clone them as a group. So that all the new clones are arrayed in exactly the same way as the originals. This may be a workflow issue, and just not possible in Lightwave. That's one thing I really like about Max, it works with objects the same way Windows works with files (multiple select, copy/paste, drag/drop, etc.)

That spreadsheet editor sounds pretty neat, I think it must be a v.7 feature. I keep forgetting we use different versions. Is it anything like the scene editor? If it is, it doesn't do what I need anyway. But thanks for trying. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4