May we use Spiff?

More
19 years 9 months ago #18168 by MajorTom
May we use Spiff? was created by MajorTom
Shane may we use your Spiff in the SW Mod?

With 2 "welding" beams (comms laser diriviate) it was possible to get him in the MP game. No problems at all with him now. [^]

I was thinking of a mission, where you have to use EVA to go outside and clear away some debris to get through a tunnel or an entrance to a hollow asteroid. He will probably get attacked by a couple of bad guys in EVAs too. ;) [}:)]

Could you possibly re-texture one version of him to make a storm-trooper looking type? (or at least color/mark one differently so you can distinguish between Rebs and Imps?)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10847 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic May we use Spiff?
Certainly. I'll build an evil, Imperial version and send it to you.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 9 months ago #10866 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic May we use Spiff?
Thats cool. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. [8D]

btw, there is something "wrong" with the original Spiff collision hull: You can accelerate straight ahead but you can't change pitch or yaw. It reacts sorta like if you were docked to something (except for being able move in the Z direction).

That may explain why you had trouble getting it into the SP game at first.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10911 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic May we use Spiff?

btw, there is something "wrong" with the original Spiff collision hull: You can accelerate straight ahead but you can't change pitch or yaw. It reacts sorta like if you were docked to something (except for being able move in the Z direction).

All those issues were finally solved some time ago... I must have neglected to send you an updated model.

In any case, given the 1960's appearance of the Spiff model, I'd construct a new one.

SecondChance: Do you know off-hand any reference pics for space suits in the Star Wars universe?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 9 months ago #10912 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic May we use Spiff?
Only the ones for the Tie Fighter pilots (Tie Fighters don't have a sealed environment). I could send you some of those. Would that help? Other than that, I don't think I've ever seen a spacesuit of any kind in SW. I guess because for them spaceflight is just like driving, you just jump in and go; no prep.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11129 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic May we use Spiff?
I've got Spiff in the game. You exit your ship via a key press and find yourself 150 meters in front of it in the EVA suit. to get back in your ship you dock with it. Now we just need a realistic mission for him to do.

Moving debris isn't really too realistic as you would normaly blast that out of your way with you ships weapons. How about attaching a bomb/ homing device/ listening device to an antenna?

Btw, Spiff has a little "Laser sword" (call it a welder?). So he can do battle with other players in EVA Suits too. The issue is; it will probably have to have a length of 30 meters or so if you want to be able hit someone with it at all in MP (due to latency). We'll have to test it online ;)