Need reference pics for A-Wing

More
20 years 1 month ago #18010 by Second Chance
I've managed to fix the hardware problems that were preventing me from starting the new ships. But I've only got a top and front view of the A-Wing fighter. I really need a good profile view. Preferably a schematic style view, but a dead-on side photo would work. And some views of the bottom and rear wouldn't hurt either. I've searched all of my usual resources, but A-Wing pics don't seem to be terribly abundant. If anyone can point me in the direction of some good, clear images it will make things a lot easier. Thanks.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9413 by Tempest
Yah, looks like the "ultimate guide" doesn't have a side view... I have one from that SW screensaver, but it's blurry and I also think the "nose" is too short:

You could head over to my mirror site of the SWMA and see if you can make use of one of the reference pics. There's also a very good A-Wing model in the models section. It will be too high detailed for you to use directly, but perhaps you can use it as reference.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9418 by Second Chance
Thanks for the effort Tempest. I think you're right though, there seems to be something "not right" about the length of the above profile, and it is a bit too blurry to use. But thanks for at least trying, I appreciate the effort.

I haven't found a usable profile yet so everybody keep trying, ok?

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
20 years 1 month ago #9419 by SoupDragon
Probably more than you wanted. You'll need to login to grab the Lightwave detail.
lwg3d.org/v3/resources/item427-1.jpg
lwg3d.org/v3/meshes.php?item=427

More
20 years 1 month ago #9423 by Second Chance
Thanks Soup, that's a great detail shot. It should help a lot with the rear details. Especially how the engines interface with the hull. I wish I could find some model shots of this clarity.

Still need a profile pic though.

*edit*
I just compared Tempest's pic with the other views I have and it seems that the dimensions on his pic are actually right on, it's just unpleasantly blurry. If I can't come up with a better pic in the next few days I guess I'll have to use it. Thanks for sharing Tempest. :)

More
20 years 1 month ago #9428 by Tempest

Originally posted by Second Chance
I just compared Tempest's pic with the other views I have and it seems that the dimensions on his pic are actually right on, it's just unpleasantly blurry. If I can't come up with a better pic in the next few days I guess I'll have to use it. Thanks for sharing Tempest. :)

This picture is taken from "Star Wars Screen Entertainment", a very old set of screensavers released by LA. There was one saver that showed these blueprints. Perhaps you could get the pic in better quality if you could get the original screensaver program... it would be hard to find today, though. [:(]
I've been looking for a better quality pic, but didn't find any yet.