X-Wings anyone? ...finished and textured

More
20 years 1 month ago #9237 by Sivadrake
it looks great, im really impressed with all of your star wars models so far. Are you gonna model a B-wing, and a Y-wing as well? i'd love to see a B-wing done, such a cool ship

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9241 by Hot4Darmat
Very nice textures indeed. Now if only we could see R2's little fix-it arm reaching out to tweak the port engine, or see the pilot's helmeted head turning from side to side inside the cockpit to check out the combat situation.

It's just the right amount of 'dirty', unless of course you just put it down in a swamp, and had to scoop a bunch of sludge out of an intake, and remove a snake from the gear well. Gorgeous model SC.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 1 month ago #9248 by MajorTom
It certainly is great! The textures have just the right amount of smudge. The ships will be seen in space in a lot of different situations so they shouldn't be too specifically dirtied up.

On the wing position stuff, I think it will work and we can have the the yaw_rate, and pitch_rate changed by the same key bind that does the actual animation. That will have to be propogated to each client and the server each time a player changes his wings

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 1 month ago #9251 by Shane
Both the Ties and the X-Wings look very nice.

I look forward to this mod!

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 1 month ago #9253 by Second Chance
Thanks Shane. You wouldn't happen to know how I could set up the animation channel for the wings would you?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 1 month ago #9258 by Shane

Thanks Shane. You wouldn't happen to know how I could set up the animation channel for the wings would you?

I'm afraid I've never done any animation in EoC. [:(]

But I can create a pratice model and see if I can get it to animate.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">