I-War models?

More
20 years 2 months ago #17975 by Nesen Rensc
I-War models? was created by Nesen Rensc
OKay, does anyone know where I can get 3D models of the original IWar ships, or ships from EoC? Or, if not, does anyone know if they can be extracted from the games? Or, if not, has anyone made the 3d models of them yet? (I have the one from F-nine digital already). Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9093 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic I-War models?
Unfortunately the original EoC models are not available. But I understand that the original I-War ships can be decompressed from the game files into their original Lightwave format. Are you looking for low res game models or high res display models?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (coming 2004)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 2 months ago #9105 by Nesen Rensc
Replied by Nesen Rensc on topic I-War models?
Preferably, High Res Models, but at this point I'll take what I can get. ;) I can always make the low-res models higher res on my own...and I dont have LW..but I do have Deep Exploration so converting from .lwo into .3ds is no prob. ;) So, I guess now the question is, does anyone have the .lwo models? or can anyone tell me how to extract them from the game data myself? Thanks.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9108 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic I-War models?
Don't count too much on Deep Exploration. I used to use it extensively while trying to work with the EoC game models, but the Lightwave 5 object format is really tricky. It'll convert the meshes fine, but don't get your hopes up for textures (if they're even available). It's very likely you'll have to re-apply them all manually. Which shouldn't be too difficult, since LW 5 only used projected texture maps. It should just be a matter of planar mapping the different parts of the mesh and matching the up the maps.

Apparently there was some kind of decompressor for the object files, but I don't know about the texture files. I'm afraid I also don't know anything about the decompressor, or if it's even around anymore. Sorry.

Keep checking back, someone with more info is bound to help you out.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (coming 2004)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 2 months ago #9109 by Nesen Rensc
Replied by Nesen Rensc on topic I-War models?
Yeah, I ran into that problem when I converted the Dreadnaught from F-nine Digitial into Max format...the textures are there, they just arent applied, so I had to reapply them all...it kinda sucked, but hey, it was okay. ;) Well, if anyone knows about it, Id be VERY grateful for some help on this one. :)