wing commander ships in EoC

More
20 years 4 months ago #17904 by Sivadrake
in one of the posts here in 3d moddeling there is a thread i started called "who remembers the scimitar?" and there is a link setup by andrewas i think to a site thats full of WC ship meshes, they are compressed into .rar files though. i just found a free .rar extractor and most of the meshes are 3ds, which can be coverted to LWO with deep exploration, and then to .pso, blah, blah, blah, but anyways they all come with there textures compressed into the .rars too, i was thinking about trying to get a few of them together to make as SP mods, one prob though is the size, they are all 12-30 meters which by Iwar is kinda tiny, could they be scaled up after being converted to LWOs? and would the textures all have to be resized? anyone interested?

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8434 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic wing commander ships in EoC
They can be scaled easily, and the textures will automatically resize themselves. :D

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8611 by Second Chance
Unfortunately they can't be converted with Deep Exploration. Any 3ds file converted into a lightwave 5.6 object loses all texture mapping information.:(! This has been a long nagging nightmare for me because I will only work in 3ds Max. At the moment the only converter that can do lightwave 5 texture mapping correctly is PolyTrans by Okino software, but it's about $400. However, any converter can do the mesh (hell, I'll do them if you want) which someone can then resurface in lightwave. Good luck, I'd love to see them converted.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4