Lounching the F****** flares

More
15 years 11 months ago #19066 by Cwirpc
How the hell do i lounch the counter flares. Im geting rocket raped out there and i cant fint the lounch decoys or what ever it is button. I know thers suposed to be a automatic lounch for flares but like the rest of the game i gues it buged.

And so that i dont open another tread, i have the latest patch instaled, i remeber playing this game a couple of year back and today i instaled it just for the fun. I remember it beying bugy then and it still is. I go out to a L point and i just get one wave after another of incoming enemys. Is it a bugor is that just how the game is made?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #16765 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Lounching the F****** flares
Flares are launched automatically by the ship when it thinks they'll do the most good. Sadly, that's quite rare.

There's a plugin available on i-war2.com called Manual Countermeasures which you might want to look at. There are two versions, one for if you have MultiMod installed, one for the default package. You just bind the countermeasure launch to the desired button and you can launch countermeasures as desired (but with a certain refire delay).

To me, it sometimes seems like just a placebo.

"Press that button if you need anything."
"Oh, no, I don't want to be a bother."
"Wouldn't bother me any. All it does is increase your morphine supply."

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.