Capsule Space Video

More
17 years 6 months ago #18872 by cambragol
I made a video of the current state of the Capsule Space sim for Unstable Space. Either click my sig to go to www.torn-stars.com , or download an avi of the video here

Enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15525 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Capsule Space Video
Oh my..! o.O That's wicked. Do those colored lights do anything beyond providing depth/movement reference?

Good hosting for that file, btw.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15526 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Capsule Space Video
Those lights are obstacles for certain. (took me more than a few tries to get that video as it appears) Hitting one will drop you out of capsule space, so they must be avoided. They might do...something....else.....

I hope you watched the avi by the way. I am not a fan of flash (hate it with a passion) but had to use the flv options as my avi streamer was not working. The quality of the avi video is much higher. Glad you liked it by the way. I am sure you will like flying it even more!

More
17 years 6 months ago #15533 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Capsule Space Video
About how long do you have in a capsule space tunnel before it collapses on you? Does it collapse on you? If not, then to encourage fancy flying and afterburning it probably should. =)

[edit]And then I notice the countdown timer. Never mind.[/edit]

"Important Note to Purchasers: This is a 100% matter product; in the unlikely event that this merchandise should contact antimatter in any form, a catastrophic explosion will result."

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15535 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Capsule Space Video
We are currently trying to balance out just how long the capsule tunnel will hold. Once the time is out you are dumped back into normal space. If you are not at the end of the capsule tunnel, you will suffer damage. Likely more unstable L-points will have capsule tunnels that collapse more rapidly. As well, unless you have a sufficently powerful or advanced Capsule Drive, you won`t even be able to open a capsule tunnel at certain unstable L-points. Actually, you won`t even recognize the L-point as being capsule capable.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15539 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic Capsule Space Video
Excellent work!!

By "something else" do you refer to completely destroying you’re ship, dropping you off in the middle of a mine filed with chaos aliens, placing you in the middle of an asteroid field with a lot of gold ore around and an abandoned destroyer or they just go BIG-boom killing the pilot but leaving the ship partially intact?

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”