Traffic Parking......

More
17 years 11 months ago #18800 by cmschulz14
[^] Here is a suggested feature, Ok as we all know in this game people live in space (duh), so as we know pretty much anyone in space owns a space ship vehicle. With every one living in space stations. Where do they park or place thier vehicles when not in use. Like us (present day) we park our cars in a garage. So I think that there should be a feature created where there are big parking area(s) where a bunch of ships could dock to. Like a smaller statiion or platform next to or connected to the station. If it is not attached to the station there should be a bunch of taxis taking people to and from the parking areas and stations. Or there should be that same feature except it is not in the way and is a few hundred km away. Same thing happenig with taxis! WHAT DO YOU THINK! PLEASE TELL ME.

Death to Mass and Marauders!!!

Death to Maas and Marauders!!! Anyone mess with me, then you're asking to die!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #15214 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Traffic Parking......
I actually like the idea! Particularly having taxis zipping back and forth between the 'parking' lot and the station. Could add some life to the station environment. Of course, being able to actually hail a taxi and take it to the station yourself would be fantastic. Reminds me of Hardwar actually. Of course, to make a feature truly worthwhile, beyond just being neet from the simulation aspect, it needs a way to tie into the gameplay itself.

Here is an example which Grandpatrout and I discussed before. One of us brought up the idea of scripting the 'construction' of ships around Shipyards. Thus one could arrive at a station, and see a ship at some stage of it's construction, held with the 'ribs' of the station. This ship would actually represent the real construction progress of a ship that would soon become available to a faction for action in 'Operations'. While being able to see the ship being built is very fun from a simulation aspect, GranpaTrout pointed out that the player could now have the opportunity to actually attack and destroy ships still under construction. Missions could even be tied into the whole thing. And thus the small eye candy/simulation treat became a 'hook' for gameplay that involves the player.

Now, I wonder if your idea couldn't achieve this somehow?

More
17 years 11 months ago #15225 by cmschulz14
Replied by cmschulz14 on topic Traffic Parking......
cambragol, just to tell you I WILL answer your questions. I have not found the time, I have a lot to say. Im busy. Just to keep you updated. Speek to you soon!

More
17 years 11 months ago #15228 by cmschulz14
Anyway I am finally ready. Here we go. First I will answer your first question about how to hail a taxi. Now, remember that level in act 3 where you gaet a millitary IFF and mess with the brodcasting lights? Well I think on each sation ther should be a few poles with a green light and a red light. When someone from the inside would press the call buton the green light lights up. And if there is nobady the light is red. Plus there could be a small digital sign next to the pole when lit green and it have the number of how many people that need a taxi so the driver can know.... Now with the question of tieing it into the game. Well mabey there could be a few missions where you have to stop someone. Like mabey a spy or kill some onwe as important an evil as Caleb Maas. Or mabey you try to hack the Rem Link Security and crash it into the space station at a few thousand meters per second. Or even drive the taxi to help a good vip get some where without being killed. Theres a few. Hope you like it. BTW I REALLY LOVE THE FEATURE U AND GRANDPATROUT DISSCUSED IT SOUNDS AWSOME!

More
17 years 11 months ago #15240 by cmschulz14
Well, cambragol? What do you think. Please tell me what you have to say about it. oh, and what does everybody else think? Please let me know! :)

More
17 years 11 months ago #15246 by cmschulz14
huh, I suppose no-one like this idea. Ohhhh, welll it would of been cool...... :(