Instalation problem

More
18 years 5 months ago #14182 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Instalation problem
There is also another mirror of the download at the Mod Database:

mods.moddb.com/6181/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14206 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Instalation problem

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout
Are you running a download manager?

Are there any download locations which do not, deliberately or otherwise, play silly buggers with download managers. A torrent would be good.

Thus far, Ive tried the main site, but that dosent support download resuming at all. Streamload did work, but the download reset to zero when I tried to resume it just before 80Mbs. And the moddb gives me a 403 when I try to resume after a reconnect. I think I can work around that one, but its going to mean setting up at least five download sessions manually. So much for downloading overnight.

The trouble is, I'm on dialup and Wanadoo enforce a 2-hour disconnect, so without some form of download resume there is no way I can get a 100Mb file.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14209 by cambragol
I have added a split version of the installation file to the Torn-Stars website.

Here are the links. Download them all, including the .bat file, then run the .bat file to re-join them. Each file is about 20 megs.

www.torn-stars.com/dmdocuments/t ... _0_split.0
www.torn-stars.com/dmdocuments/t ... _0_split.1
www.torn-stars.com/dmdocuments/t ... _0_split.2
www.torn-stars.com/dmdocuments/t ... _0_split.3
www.torn-stars.com/dmdocuments/t ... _0_split.4
www.torn-stars.com/dmdocuments/t ... _0.exe.bat

Hopefully some people will find this useful if they are having problems with the 100meg full download

More
18 years 5 months ago #14260 by gnavpot
Replied by gnavpot on topic Instalation problem
This happened to me too. The download apparently succeeded, but the file was only 30-40 MB. In the second try, the download succeeded after 60-70 MB. Then I gave up on Windows browsers and used the command line tool 'wget' from Linux. No problems.

What I don't understand is the missing error message. Firefox (and apparently also IE?) just thinks that it has finished downloading the file even though it already knows that the file is much bigger. But I have no idea if this is a server bug or a browser bug.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14282 by cambragol
Has anyone tried downloading the split version I have posted? Particularly those who were having troubles with the big file?

More
18 years 5 months ago #14284 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Instalation problem
Ive got the first three files, troubles with the next two. Dont know if its something on the server, or at my ISP.

EDIT] Still having troubles on those last two files, and as far as I can determine my ISP is giving me a stable connection right now.