station not respawning

More
11 years 5 months ago #19191 by squishy
Hi everypony,

I accidentally popped a couple of stations during mass pirating (yes, yes, I used the insta kill cheat code, bad me!).

I was under the impression stations were supposed to respawn from another thread on a dark unwatched forum, but it does not seem to happen.

Is there anyway to respawn the stations? I tried editing the .sav file with an hexa editor, but I could not find anything related to the stations.

Would anyone know how to fix this short of starting a new game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #17251 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic station not respawning
Hi Squishy,

If you get the izStationAssault mod on the downloads page, it is supposed to respawn any stations that get destroyed. Of course, it may not work on stations that were destroyed without the mod on. The only other alternative is to have two save games. The first is your normal one, the second is one you only save into every once in a while, this way if you do something weird and save it, you'll have another save to go back on. I do a lot of modding, so I use this a lot and believe me it works!
Independence War2 does not respawn stations, otherwise they wouldn't have made them indestructible.
By the way, if you get the iFleet mod, you can destroy stations with your normal guns, although it takes a long while. Still more fun than instant kill though; that's the whole point of this game and indeed any game: have bucketloads of funfunfun!!:D

Happy Hunting,

--IronDuke

<hr noshade size="1">
We're all gonna kill Marauders!

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #17252 by squishy
Replied by squishy on topic station not respawning
yup, it did not respawn the station, however, Ifleet made hoffer's gap to blow up in the first mission while Clay was teaching the basics, odd stuff, not sure why it popped it :S, and it did not respawn after 30 minutes eventhough I got all the mods installed go figure :).

More
11 years 5 months ago #17253 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic station not respawning
Hi,

I suppose you will have to start a new game.[:(][:(]
iFleet has a bug with the Hoffer's Gap hitpoints, forgot to tell you. If you open the mod's folder ( or zip file ), and go to sim/stations/custom, and open the hoffers_gap.ini file, then change hit_points=-1000, to hit_points=9000000000, the problem should go away.
I guess a look into the izStationAssault source code is in order for me to find out whats wrong with no respawning.
Sorry about having to start a new game.[:(][xx(][:(]

Good luck,
--IronDuke

<hr noshade size="1">
We're all gonna kill Marauders!

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #17254 by squishy
Ah, I figured it was down to the mod having an issue, so I disabled it while starting a new game, it's alright, since I've replayed it constantly for about a week, I'm familiar with all the acts 'til act 2, as long as I do not blow up anymore stations 'till I catch back, it should be ok :D.

Nothing a custom jafs with colossus and instant devkill can't fix ^_^.

I did see someone saying there was an issue with the counter in the source code of the mod for the station respawn since the counter keeps saying incrementing new value is 1. If memory serves, the counter was not actually building up for the respawn, however, I'm completly useless at programming, so don't ask me which bit of the code is causing the issue :D

I'll try to find the link to the old thread somewhere, maybe it'll speak to you ^_^.

www.i-war2.com/forum/pop_printer ... IC_ID=2080

What'd you know, it's actually on this forum I found the thingy ^_^.

More
11 years 5 months ago #17255 by squishy
Well, while reading the thread again, it seems the mod "unleashed" has a code that repsawn (or unhide at it seems) all destroyed stations, which would work just fine for me. I'll try this out tonight and I'll post the result (I for once, had the presence of mind to make a separate save of my old game in its current status before starting a new game ^_^).

If that works, I'll try to mail the maker of SA and suggest the implementation of this code in his mod instead, hopefully, he still exists and still checks the mails listed on the mod page ^_^.