file is this normal???

More
16 years 3 months ago #19047 by wasteful
is this normal??? was created by wasteful
okay i dled and tried US yesterday, since i believe TS was way better than regular eoc, so i installed it like normally, and place it in where my iwar 2 directory is. so when i run the game, it was fine, but how come there's like no traffic at all? like no other moving npc, all there is, is a bunch of asteroids and sum light-blue npc ships for hiring or assistance, but no ships moving in or out.... is that normal for now or wut?

also how do i use the l-point scanner to find a route to other system?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #16716 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic is this normal???
the US beta release has much less traffic than normal EOC, as we ripped the old traffic scripts out to solve a bunch of issues we were having. However there is traffic out there. You will need to head to stations to see freighters coming and going. Also, depending what start position you choose, you may actually be placed in a completely uninhabited, undiscovered system (that would be the mining start). Try the default start, or Pirate, or Trader to see patrols and traffic right away.

The lpoint scanner simply gives a list of Lpoints in the system. However, whether or not an Lpoint actual is capable of supporting Capsule jumps to another system is unknown. You actually have to go the the Lpoint and determine whether or not it has a viable jump route. When you arrive in close proximity to the Lpoint, press the 'Tab' button and Lori will let you know if there are any viable jumps via the nearest Lpoint.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.