file no mouse control

More
17 years 7 months ago #18849 by elisyum
no mouse control was created by elisyum
hello. this is mi first time playng the game but i have a problem. i dont know if this is normal but the mouse does not work in the game. i cant steer whit it. is this normal? please help me. P.S. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #15447 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic no mouse control
Yes, this is normal. You need to use a joystick to play the game. If you search very hard, you may be able to find a config for mice though..

More
17 years 6 months ago #15468 by w0lfshad3
Replied by w0lfshad3 on topic no mouse control
readme.txt

CUSTOM CONTROLS FOR ADVANCED USERS
We have provided several different control configurations with Edge of Chaos. Select control configurations from the Control Style list in the options screen. Advanced users can create their own custom control configurations if they wish to. You can bind any joystick or mouse axis, and joystick, mouse or keyboard buttons to any of the game's commands. For example, if you have a second joystick, you could configure it to control lateral thrusters for extra flexibility in combat.

To create a new configuration copy the default.ini file in the configs directory to a new file and give it an appropriate name. The filename must end in .ini, for example my_controls.ini. Edit this new file with a standard text editor such as Microsoft (R) Notepad. The configuration file lists all the game commands and their control bindings, in the following format:

[game function]
Name of Input Device, Name of Button or Axis

Name of alternative Input Device, Name of Alternative Button or Axis
For example the binding which fires ship's current weapon looks like this:

[icPlayerPilot.CurrentWeaponFire]
Joystick1, JoyButton1
Keyboard, Space

This allows you to fire the current weapon using the SPACEBAR or joystick fire button. If you wanted to fire your current weapon using the H key as well, you would add a line to the binding, as follows:

[icPlayerPilot.CurrentWeaponFire]

Joystick1, JoyButton1

Keyboard, Space

Keyboard, H
For more examples of control bindings, consult the default config file, called default.ini.

mine for example has:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; I-War II in-flight commands
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Yoke

[icPlayerPilot.Yaw]
Keyboard, NumPad4, inverse
Keyboard, NumPad6
Mouse, MouseXAxis

[icPlayerPilot.Pitch]
Keyboard, NumPad5 ; tag_control
Keyboard, NumPad8, inverse
Mouse, MouseYAxis

Its simple to make your own just follow the examples.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15470 by JT
Replied by JT on topic no mouse control
Doesn't that make the Starmap interface wonky, though? You'll be turning the ship while you use the mouse to select things -- assuming you use the mouse to select things. ;-)

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15471 by w0lfshad3
Replied by w0lfshad3 on topic no mouse control
It does but thats a minor annoyance you can press SHIFT to stop the ship turning(release shift to click tough), of course i put SHIFT on the mouse keys wich work when in F3 view and thats why it might work that way.

This game controls are weird i had to do a lot of modifications...

More
17 years 4 months ago #15706 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic no mouse control
WolfShad, Do you have a working config? Can you tell us more about it? There have been several requests for mouse only support. We should add a mouse config to TornStars.