Demo problems

More
18 years 4 months ago #18649 by boutinp
Demo problems was created by boutinp
I just installed the IWar2:EoC demo and fo rsome reason everything is going at 200miles/hour. Can I fix that, seems like a good game.

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14192 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Demo problems
Well, if you are flying within proximity of a station, your flightspeed is restricted to 200mph. Try flying to another planet, or just fly very far away from a station.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14193 by boutinp
Replied by boutinp on topic Demo problems
hi, what I meant by 200mph isn't the velocity of the ship in game, it's the game itself, it seems to be running too fast, it's hard to explain... it's like watching a movie in fast-forward.

Hope you get my meaning,, but thanks for the suggestion

Patrick

More
18 years 4 months ago #14194 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Demo problems
Welcome to the forum boutinp. Are you using winXP as your OS? It may be that you need to adjust down and run it as if it were win98. It might help if you could post some of the specs of your machine so the technical wizards that frequent these forums can better help you.

I hope you like the demo, but I'd suggest you skip this step and simply get the full game, install it, and solve whatever minor technical quirks need to be resolved then and that way you get all the glorious spacey goodness of the Independence War2 universe to enjoy for years to come...including some seriously excellent mods n stuff (all available here at this site).

Good luck.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14198 by boutinp
Replied by boutinp on topic Demo problems
Pretty hard to find game this time in its life but I'll give it a try, firstly I am waiting on my copy of X3, once I am done with that I'll try this one. I played trough IWar I many moons ago and I recall it was pretty good, I expect the second one to be just as good.

My specs are:
Toshiba laptop m40-sf3,
CPU: Intel M (Dothan) 1.83Ghz;
RAM: 1ghz;
Vid: Nvidia Geforce GO6600 128MB;
DirectX: 9.0c;

Thanks
Patrick

More
18 years 4 months ago #14199 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Demo problems
You can find the game right here actually. And cheap!!

www.atari.com/us/games/iwar2/pc