What's the best ATI driver for I-War 2?

More
18 years 7 months ago #18522 by VirtualCLD
I was wonderring what the best ATI Catalyst (Radeon) driver version would be for I-War 2. Currently, I have problems with textures ( I think ) where I see the blending or meshing of differen't layers together. For example, if I look at a station with a cargo pod bay, I will see the silver outside of the bay blend with the inside blue texture of the bay (where the pods come out of). I also notic this when looking at SnRV where if I look at the bottom of a SnRV, I can see through to the pods stacked on the top of the SnRV. I have tried various settings with turning on and off Anisotropic filterring as well as anti-aliasing, but I haven't found any combination of settings that work. Also, I think this only happens at a distance, as the problem is less pronounced when I move in close to 1-2 km. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13563 by Cuchulain
Dont know mate but im runnin it fine with intel chipset u could try the omega inoffical (but good) drivers how much ram u have can be a factor

CüçhûlàïÑ ™

CüçhûlàïÑ ™

More
18 years 7 months ago #13566 by Shane
I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about ATI drivers. However I have found that the most up-to-date drivers sometimes can cause problems with the game.

I'd updated my video drivers to play a newer game and then found that I had the same problems you mentioned when I went back to EoC. So I rolled back to the older ones and had no further trouble.

It might be worthwhile to download some ATI drivers from a year or two ago and try them out. Then install the newer ones when you're ready to play something else. Not the best solution, I agree... it's a pain to change drivers just to play a game and then change back. But it's the only advice I can offer. How technology does march onward.