Using the POV for lateral movement

More
19 years 1 week ago #18412 by Glux
Fellow gamers,

I was wondering if there is anyway to use ctrl+POV on my joystick to control the horiz. and vert. lateral thrusters. I've done some manual editing with the INI file in the past but for some kind of reason ctrl+left POV still causes my HUD to pop up and use the left HUD function. Up, down and right POV+ctrl worked fine.
The reason why I want this config is that I can easily control the regular ship motions AND the lateral thrusters at exactly the same time.

Tia
- Glux

Arrogance is the pathway to competition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 week ago #12791 by Second Chance
You need to also remove the binding from the HUD controls. EoC will allow one keybind to activate many things at once. So you need to make sure you manually remove the old bindings. One of the side-effects of manual keybind editing.

What I do is work out what you want to control what, and then do a search through the INI to make sure that it's not bound to anything else as well.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 1 week ago #12801 by Glux
Ehm.. I want to use the POV for the HUD and ctrl+POV for lateral thrusters.
So actually giving the POV two functions, without ctrl key hold down navigating through the HUD and with the ctrl key hold down using the lateral thrusters.

More
19 years 1 week ago #12804 by Glux
No more replies needed :)
I've messed around with the config a bit more and finally got my solution.
I post the changes I made in case some one wants to try it out which you should since it works very smooth during hostile encounters.

Original default.ini
Code:
; Thrusters [icPlayerPilot.LateralX] Keyboard, D Keyboard, A, inverse Joystick1, JoyXAxis, ALT [icPlayerPilot.LateralY] Joystick1, JoyYAxis, ALT [icPlayerPilot.LateralZ] Keyboard, W Keyboard, S, inverse Joystick1, Joybutton7 Joystick1, Joybutton8, inverse

My modified default.ini
Code:
; Thrusters [icPlayerPilot.LateralX] Keyboard, D Keyboard, A, inverse Joystick1, JoyPOV1Right, ALT Joystick1, JoyPOV1Left, ALT, inverse [icPlayerPilot.LateralY] Joystick1, JoyPOV1Up, ALT Joystick1, JoyPOV1Down, ALT, inverse [icPlayerPilot.LateralZ] Keyboard, W Keyboard, S, inverse Joystick1, Joybutton7 Joystick1, Joybutton8, inverse