need a play disk

More
19 years 2 months ago #18356 by kisu1492
need a play disk was created by kisu1492
Hi there. I download a version of EOC around August 04. After playing it for a bit, it prompted me for a password, so I called the telephone number, paid for the game on my credit card, and they emailed me an activation code. I was using version f12. I just downloaded the 14.6 patch, and it's prompting me for a play disk. Before I never needed a disk, and i never received one. Could you please tell me who to ask to send me one? I hope it won't cost anytthing, since I did pay for the game.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12354 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic need a play disk
Hmm. Maybe you just need to change the search directory for the game. Someone here is bound to know.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12357 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic need a play disk
Whos selling EoC by online distribution?

Anyway, the normal version of EoC does ask for the disc, so any version for online distribution would have to be modified. It could be the version of the 14.6 patch you installed re-instated that behaviour. If so, there should be a 14.6 patch for this version specificaly.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12359 by kisu1492
Replied by kisu1492 on topic need a play disk
I don't remember who was selling it. It runs in my mind that it was a firm in the UK, but it's been a few months. The version I downloaded had a timer and let you play for about 30 minutes. It didn't have any intro movie or anything, which was kind of cool. You just started in the middle of space with what's his name saying "i know youre hurting right now but..."

More
19 years 2 months ago #12360 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic need a play disk
This is sounding very much like you got a pirate copy, whether or not you paid someone for it. In particular, legitimate distribution channels very rarely cut video from the game. The demo was time limited, but that dosent let you play the campaign. Check for a .nfo file in the directory, or any .txt files, something should tell you where you got it.

A no-cd crack might get you past the CD request, not sure on where you would get one though.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12363 by BlasterMaster555
Replied by BlasterMaster555 on topic need a play disk
LOL you got a cheap download. Why don't you try BT next time :P...

All power to the engines!!!

All power to the engines!!!