need a play disk

More
19 years 2 months ago #12364 by kisu1492
Replied by kisu1492 on topic need a play disk
WHile I appreciate the thrill it must give you to ridicule anonymously, I don't know what BT or whatever stands for, and your comments don't help me out much.
According to what I can find out, Atari and Infogrames are marketing the game now, you can find it at www.independencewar.com .
They've got the patch there, and also some support information, so I will try going through them. Thanks for the help from the serious folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12365 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic need a play disk
A download version was never released. Only a cheap re-release.

It sounds like you downloaded the demo version and probably got charged for the use of the file server. Either way, there's not much you can do about it short of getting hold of the original game on CD.

You'll need to do some serious web searching these days, but places like eBay would be a start.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12366 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic need a play disk
But what about the password prompt with the telephone number, and the emailed activation code? A pirate copy wouldn't have that, would it?

How much did you pay for it? That would pobably give us a clue as to whether you were being charged for the game or something else.

If you do legitimately own the full game, a no-cd patch would probably be your only answer at this point in the game's life. You can get them at a large gaming site called MegaGames.com. Look in the Game Fixes section.

btw - Sometimes people do get cheated into paying for demos and such. When I originally bought Deus Ex (back in the old days of large game boxes) it came in a full-sized box, at full price. But after busting my ass (on realistic setting) to reach the end of the first mission, it said, "Thank you for playing the demo version of Deus Ex, blah, blah, blah." And then my head exploded. There was nothing on the box indicating that it was a demo. And the place I bought it wouldn't take it back, because it was opened. I had to buy it again.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12380 by Stephen Robertson PS
AFAIK there's never been a downloadable version of EOC for sale. At least I've never seen one.

You can pick the game up so cheaply these days that it's not even worth downloading!

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12381 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic need a play disk
Well, there you go kisu, straight from the horse's mouth. You got suckered.

Sorry that had to be your introduction to the game. But don't worry. Look on eBay or something, you can probably get it for like $2 now.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 1 week ago #12787 by Glux
Replied by Glux on topic need a play disk
Just download the .BIN files somewhere if you get my point ;)
Or give me an ftp address with write privileges and I'll up them but since I've only got 64kbyte/sec up I suggest searching in the warez scene first since that will go much faster :p
After installing the regular full version (by mounting the BIN files or so) you can just update it and play like everyone else.

Arrogance is the pathway to competition