Joystick recommendations

More
19 years 11 months ago #9806 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Joystick recommendations
I believe 'rumble' means that it just shakes. Force feedback is much more sophisticated. Gun recoil will be directed towards you (instead of all directions). Some games (such as mech warrior 3 I believe) allow you to even feel the rocking of your vehicle. Many different feelings can be simulated with force feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9809 by Second Chance

You mean that tis is not the best answer in realtion with wich FF joystick should i buy?

Yes. Sorry, I was just trying to be funny with the first answer. My more helpful second answer, as EricMan pointed out, means that the Force stick apparently has a more complex and realistic force-feedback system than the Rumble stick. So it is therefore more expensive.

I hope this answer is a little more helpful. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #9812 by Stephen Robertson PS
I'm left-handed too, and I've got a Saitek Cyborg 3D USB. However over the years I've taught myself to fly right handed because all my previous flight sticks have been right handed only.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9814 by Demiurgo
Replied by Demiurgo on topic Joystick recommendations
Thank you, Second Chance

I'll continue the amusing questions with personal ones.

Wich joysticks do you own? Wich developer do you recommend? I have Saitek and Logitech products and they are both great, so i don't care too much about buying one ore another...

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

More
19 years 11 months ago #9815 by Second Chance
Well, I count 3 happy Saitek Cyborg users so far :).

In all seriousness, the most important reason I bought my Saitek was because of the huge return spring it uses. I can get pretty rough on a stick during battle, and have broken my fair share of return springs. I also hate when a stick gets old and the springs just wear out. My Saitek has a nice, sturdy spring that's out in the open where I can keep an eye on it and check it for wear. I also think the way the Saitek is designed to use that massive spring is superior to any other stick design (it doesn't tend to sag off center after a while like other sticks do). Other than that, I'm a lefty, and it's got tons of buttons :D.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #9816 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Joystick recommendations
I myself am a happy Microsoft joystick user. Simple and trustworthy. Too bad Microsoft decided to cancel its joystick and gamepad lineup...