file JOY! A glide wrapper that works with I-War!

More
20 years 1 month ago #17936 by Stephen Robertson PS
I found this on the Vogon forums ( vogons.zetafleet.com/ ), a glide wrapper that works with I-War / Defiance! :D

home.t-online.de/home/zsack/glid ... index.html That means you can play I-War in all it's 3Dfx glory on a modern PC! It only works in 640x480, but still...

Install the wrapper, run its 'configurator' and set the texture memory to 4mb. The run the game's Voodoo1 640x480 shortcut.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #8701 by Shane
Thanks Steve! I'm going to give this a try. :)

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 1 month ago #8866 by toastrack
Guys.
I am thinking of building an older spec machine out of a few bits I have lying around specifically aimed at enjoying "older" games. I-War and defiance in particular. I have seen quite a few 3dfx voodoo cards for sale on ebay UK and as I never had one ever I was wondering which would be the best card type to go with. I have seen every thing from Voodoo 1 PCI through to Voodoo 5 AGP. What was I-war optimised for and what would you suggest?

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12023 by andrewas
And I finaly lay hands on Iwar1, remember this thread, and well, it works. Kinda.

Anyone any advice on how to stop it crashing almost every time the mission ends? Seems random, and it sometimes crashes during mission load as well.

And, more importantly, does anyone have any idea how to get the lateral thrusters bound to single keys? After flying Iwar2, having to use key combinations to switch between attitude and lateral thrust feel like flying with one hand tied behind my back.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12031 by They_HunGer
YAY! i can now finally pilot the glorious "Sparticus"! the joy

Its not about you dying for your country... its about making your enemies die for theirs.

~C.C. Rocks~

More
19 years 3 months ago #12082 by andrewas
Right. Finished. Now I need to find the defiance campaign. Have a feeling that'll be a lot harder than finding Iwar was.

However, if someone could send me the file out1.smk from CD3, I would be most grateful. Thing is, that file on my CD is corrupt. And, after finishing the game, I would like to see more than half the outro. Its 24.3 Mb, which Gmail (andrewas at gmail dot com) should handle, or if it could be hosted somewhere I can download it, that'd work as well.