Sound Problem

More
20 years 3 months ago #17900 by Xeller
Sound Problem was created by Xeller
Hi. I can play EOC just fine on my computer, but I can't seem to hear any of the voices in-game. Sometimes, it's just fragments of the dialogue I hear, and sometimes nothing at all. Since there are automatically subtitles, it's not a fatal issue, but I'd like to be able to hear stuff rather than having to look up every time. Also, there's no sound for the CG movie where Cal is getting in the cockpit everytime. My computer exceeds all the system requirements, I updated all my drivers, and still I have this problem. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8404 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Sound Problem
- no hardware problem (cables, plugs)?
- check ingame sound options
- run DxDiag

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 3 months ago #8405 by Tarcoon
oh - do you hear any other sound?

More
20 years 3 months ago #8406 by Xeller
Replied by Xeller on topic Sound Problem
Yes, I can hear everything but the voices. Everything from sound effects, music, and cinematics (except the one I mentioned above) I can hear perfectly. But the few times I've actually heard the voices, (lol that makes me sound like I'm getting paranoid) there seems to be some lag.

Oh, I ran DirectX Diagnosis on Sound, and when I teste DirectSound, everything worked except for this last error message:
"Your sound card does not support hardware buffering. Sounds will only play back from software buffers."

I have no hardware conflicts, I updated EOC to the newest version, and even checked all my drivers. Still nothing.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8407 by Xeller
Replied by Xeller on topic Sound Problem
Oh yeah, and I did check the ADPCM codec on my computer, which is supposed to be the one for voice files according to the Technical FAQ. It says it's working fine.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8420 by Tarcoon
ok - before you do anything else, please deinstall the game and patch 14.6 (check registry!) and reinstall it together with the patch.
Start a new game and tell us what happens.