3Dfx versions of I-War & Defiance

More
20 years 5 months ago #17846 by Duffy
I know it's not the place to ask since this forum is about EoC. But, I'll give it a try...

Appearantly, because I'm running WinXP all 3Dfx versions of I-War and Defiance won't run. Only the software version does. Is there a way to get the 3Dfx versions to run on XP? Has anyone actually been able to do so?

Oh right, I'm running XP Home Edition. The game previously worked very well on Win98Se. The "compatibility mode" option in WinXP doesn't help a think either.

Duffy
-"Maas Megafreighters are beautiful paradises..."

<b>Duffy</b>
-"Cannons to the left, cannons to the right... Let's go in and FIGHT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7568 by EricMan64
Your best bet for asking about the original games would probably be over at the atari community forums ( ataricommunity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=137 ). Some of the members there are very knowledgable about the original Iwar games.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8873 by toastrack
I have only ever played I-War and defiance using the software rendered versions, even under Win98se. I have never had a voodoo card, however simply to get it running on Win98 required turning off all hardware acceleration.
I am running with Winxp and Win2k at present I might install it to see what happens.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8883 by Stephen Robertson PS
You can now run I-War 3Dfx on a modern system:
See this thread:
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1448

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.