What's next??????????????

More
20 years 4 weeks ago #18001 by DeadMeat
OK, got EpicOnlb in my EoC directory with the cargo zipped files in my Mods folder. Do I need anything else to go into MP to trade (and/or dogfight).

I assume that I would have to arrange dates and times for trades etc... If somebody has a MP hosted, can I gate crash?? Is there a deicated server for MP play like for the FPS games (CS, RTCW, Enemy Territory and the like?)

Once I've arranged a meet, I assume that I (or the other party) opens an MP game in EoC, which will then be picked up when you refresh you internet games??

As always, you're advice is more than welcome?????????

<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="red">Remember, we are all DeadMeat flying, just waiting to be frozen</font id="red"></font id="Andale Mono">

We are all DeadMeat flying, just waiting to be frozen!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 weeks ago #9368 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic What's next??????????????

Originally posted by DeadMeat

Once I've arranged a meet, I assume that I (or the other party) opens an MP game in EoC, which will then be picked up when you refresh you internet games??

<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="red">Remember, we are all DeadMeat flying, just waiting to be frozen</font id="red"></font id="Andale Mono">

Yep, I'll be happy to host if it is in the evening hours (after 1900 GMT) the next couple of days (except friday). Tarcoon would probably join in too. (there is no scheduled dedicated server)
What time can you play? Do you want to just play around dogfighting or want to trade something?

If you have XP or a firewall make sure it's set up properly. you'll find info on those subjects among the threads here, or on my site (sig). Otherwise if you followed the instruction in the mod, everything should run ok.

If you want to host a game, there's also some details on that in the mod (folder Readme/english)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 4 weeks ago #9371 by DeadMeat
Replied by DeadMeat on topic What's next??????????????
Nice,

Good to see i'm good to go!

Will need to see when I can start (when the wife will allow sufficient time!! usually an hour here and there!!)

Will let you know.

More
20 years 4 weeks ago #9372 by MajorTom
good, :D

give me a days notice and I'll have the server running.

More
20 years 4 weeks ago #9377 by DeadMeat
Replied by DeadMeat on topic What's next??????????????
Mjr Tom,

Will it be OK just to fly aorund a bit, get used to the surrounds, see how it all works??

One more thing, for Epic, do I just go into MP in the main EoC menu, then refresh my server list?

And finally, what would I ned to do to trade, is it the same?

More
20 years 3 weeks ago #9380 by MajorTom
No problem (I won't shoot first) :D

Make sure you select a ship before you press the button for the in game browser.
If the server is online when you press the "Internet Game" button, you will probably see it immediatly and won't even have to use the refresh.

To trade, you'll have to bring cargo with you from your SP game and select one of the freighters as your ship. The pods are the same in any language version of the game (there is a built in "pod Translator" you can activate in case you see pods in another language) All that stuff is in the Epic online "Online FAQ"

Edit:
Note: freighters aren't good for dogfighting.
You can however bring cargo into the game with a freighter, leave to switch ships and when you come back your cargo will still be there. (unless someone shoots me and steals it [xx(]) So you can/could switch ships several times and then finally bring in a freighter to take cargo back home.
/Edit