IronDuke's Patch

More
7 years 1 month ago #20572 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic IronDuke's Patch
Going through a rather dark period; it may be a while before I can get back to any dev work whatsoever.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #20573 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic IronDuke's Patch
I wish you good luck to resolve whatever issues there are. Keep your head up!

More
7 years 1 month ago #20574 by IronDuke
Right, I sorted things out and got back to work. However, I ran into a major problem with the mission scripting. Basically, each mission has its own title, but is referred to by a different one within the code. Because the script that handles each act uses this internal name, any mission in an act needs to be coded using this internal name. For example, one mission in act 1 is called "Showdown" but the internal name is "g_act1_saved_hoffers_wake."

Unfortunately, there's no way to determine what the internal name is for each mission without having access to the source code for either the act handler or the individual mission. I only happen to know the internal names of three missions because their wource files were included in the pog scripting SDK that Stephen Robertson wrote. Because of this whole thing, I cannot rewrite the Corporate Holdings mission. :( I could conceivably just rewrite the entire act script, but I'd have to rewrite the others and every single mission in the game. It's not worth it.

Ah well. Back to rearranging turret positions for now, I guess.

--IronDuke

P.S. Here's a tip for those who want to get past the Corporate Holdings mission.
Warning: Spoiler!

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: IronyMan

More
7 years 1 month ago #20576 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic IronDuke's Patch
Well, thank you for your trying. I dunno, maybe Stephen Robertson reads this and could have a look in his files. I'll be sure to poke him.

More
7 years 1 month ago #20577 by IronyMan
Replied by IronyMan on topic IronDuke's Patch
Hoy Ironduke, I've been stuck on that mission for some time; keeps crashing as soon as the marauders appear. I'll give the massacre mod a try. Thanks!

More
7 years 1 month ago #20579 by IronDuke

7upMan wrote: Well, thank you for your trying. I dunno, maybe Stephen Robertson reads this and could have a look in his files. I'll be sure to poke him.

That may work. I really doubt he reads these forums, but he's been successfully contacted before on the matter of the directX 8 patch, so he's not lost forever. :P I don't know if he's got his mission scripts laying around though; they were property of Particle Systems and he probably never had copies of them on his personal computer.

--IronDuke