Multimod question

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #19163 by doctorfrog
Multimod question was created by doctorfrog
Hi all,

I'm new to IWar2 and I'd like to know if all these mods are going to work OK together. I hope there's a veteran or two around here who can help me out.

- multimod
- custom_jafs
- dense_fields
- elitemod
- free_form_mode
- location_finder
- manual_countermeasures
- selectable_powerups

So far, I'm able to launch the game and play through some Instant, but I'm not sure if EOC throws any errors when mods aren't compatible with multimod, or if it just ignores them without informing me. Or does it try anyway?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #17057 by doctorfrog
Replied by doctorfrog on topic Multimod question
Sad to see this is a dead forum. :(

I'd also be interested in making some minor multiplayer mods, substituting some of the ships, tweaking bot behavior, and adding more bots. Can anyone help? Is anyone out there?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #17058 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Multimod question
Hi doctorfrog. I'm afraid you're not wrong. I would point you to the ina site but they've not posted there for months.

With regards your initial post. It's all experimental as very few of the mods were tested with others mods in mind. The only thing you should do is ensure you have a save point prior to adding the mods as they can screw up the main game thread.

Torn Stars ( www.torn-stars.com/ ) are the only modders out there. It's been a while but give them a try re the mod creation stuff.

Enjoy the game :)

Soup'

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #17059 by doctorfrog
Replied by doctorfrog on topic Multimod question
Hey, thanks for the reply. I did try Torn Stars, but unfortunately I cannot sign up for an account there because it says I cannot see the page because I am not logged in. Maybe a config error, maybe a cheap way to rid the site of spam bots? Hard to say.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #17060 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Multimod question
Hmm and no means to contact. Also, judging by the forum content, they're as bad I am for keeping maintenance. :)