Modding for Fun

More
16 years 7 months ago #16621 by Suvetar
Replied by Suvetar on topic Modding for Fun
Same as a DVD I guess, it depends on the quality of the Source; I like the feel of the big centre speaker and the way that the sound sort of pans into left and right when you move, it feels a lot more immersive I guess.

Digital surround is all well and good but you can't beat the actual experience of the speakers behind you sounding off when you've got a marauder on your six firing off a shot or two; I say this because playing with the joystick I find myself moving my head as I move the joystick (as I suspect most people do :P) and with synthesized surround sounds that rely on Phasing; the effect breaks if you're not sat in the sweet spot of the speakers.

Of course, that's my personal experience - I'm a musician as a hobby and I pay a lot of attention to the sounds I hear :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16626 by BlasterMaster555
Replied by BlasterMaster555 on topic Modding for Fun

Originally posted by SuvetarOf course, that's my personal experience - I'm a musician as a hobby and I pay a lot of attention to the sounds I hear :)

Then you've noticed the problem with most sound cards that claim 5.1 surround and have a digital out. Most sound cards can only handle 2 channel digital out. The ONLY ones I know that work with 5.1 surround through digital out are:

Turtle Beach Montego DDL (NOT 64-bit compatible, but an awesome card)
Onboard Azalea Audio Codec (Found on my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3)

All power to the engines!!!

All power to the engines!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #16627 by Odomus
Replied by Odomus on topic Modding for Fun
Actually my SBLive Plat, with my FPS 2000 Digital SS... is digital and is 4.1 maybe not 5.1 but is 4.1, and it isnt 2channel... this I can tell from even from a difference, in my systems, not really a difference as i put it... but there was... just not all that much to make a big deal about it to put in a new card for 5.1+ system.

IM me I get bored really quick!

More
16 years 7 months ago #16633 by Lionheart
Replied by Lionheart on topic Modding for Fun
Cool mod thing; the music isn't my thing, but the weapons, on the other hand...

What did you record the videos with?

Oh, and btw. I am right now sitting immersed in the sound-verse of EoC with only my quad-speakers...wonderful! :D

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16641 by Odomus
Replied by Odomus on topic Modding for Fun
From the looks of it he used FRAPs... No offense, but that is what it looks like choppish and low quality as FRAPs is, aint your fault I have yet myself to find anythign good for Video Recoding on my OCmptuer that is as high quality as a regular cam corder type.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16646 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Modding for Fun
Well, Google Video and YouTube also reprocess videos like crazy to fit in a tiny space.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.