Loadout and mountpoint questions

More
17 years 3 months ago #18959 by Szappy
Could you help me, what I should modify to mount cutting/mining lasers to a light hardpoint? Is it possible just by modifying the .ini files?

I'm trying to modify weapons, and in the process I got the idea of using the comsec's light hardpoint for something more useful. I'd like to be able to mount beam weapons there (more than just the comms laser).

I tried looking at the ini's for the beam, for the weapon, the ship, and the loadout. If I change the hardpoint to a medium one, I can fit lasers there, but I'd like to alter the laser's specs to mount them on light ones. Is it possible without touching the lws files?
I did not find any reference as to where a weapon could be mounted in the weapons' ini file, neither in the ship, or loadout files. I can only guess that it's in the subsims/mountpoints somewhere. I opened the light_cannon_mount.ini, but I didn't understand the info inside:
Code:
[Class] name=icMountPoint [Properties] name=mountpoint_light_cannon_mount ; The type of this mountpoint - meaningful to the icMountPoint class type=4096 hardpoint=1
Maybe the 'type' is the key here? But then where can I find info on it?

Thanks in advance
Szappy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16234 by GrandpaTrout
The "type" is the key. It is a bit field (meaning each bit means something different). Look at all the other values, they increase by a power of two. That is the clue. Reactors type is 2, each new type increases by two. What happens is that a weapon has a matching value and when the mountpoint and weapon have the same values, the weapon can be placed on the mountpoint.

Only one problem. When the ship is "loaded" inside the player base, there is no ship. There are no sims. The only thing is the list of cargo. So the "type" values for the weapons must be attached to the cargo in the player inventory. But we don't have a way to change those values.

So this is a long way of saying that what you want to do is change the mountpoint to be a medium or another size that lets you mount beam weapons.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16238 by Szappy
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

So it would be possible to also mount a PDturret on a DOturret montpoint by modifying the type from 131072 to 196606 (131072+65536) ?

Another idea: how hard would it be to create new (buyable) DOturrets with different pbc's fitted on them. The light PBC is pretty lame.

Szappy

More
17 years 3 months ago #16240 by GrandpaTrout
You cannot really create new, because you cannot change the cargo list that loadout uses (so same reason you cannot change the mountpoints). But you can change the weapon in the turret. Which is just as good, if you never plan to use the current one again.