editing weapons.

More
20 years 1 week ago #18035 by midget_man1993
hey MT

is there a way you can edit weapons damage,speed,wideth,or how far it travles:D before it goes bye bye?[xx(]

just whondering.

<font color="black"></font id="black">MM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 week ago #9659 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic editing weapons.
Absolutely yes! But this needs to be posted in the Mods and Pog Scripting forum, not Mission Developement.

And, they're easy to edit. ;)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 1 week ago #9661 by midget_man1993
Replied by midget_man1993 on topic editing weapons.
but i changed the damage of the gatling to 99999999999999999 but the damn damage is still the same.whats wrong????

More
20 years 1 week ago #9662 by Second Chance
Ask in the Mods and Pog Scripting forum and you'll find out. :)

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
20 years 1 week ago #9672 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic editing weapons.
If you're modding the SP game it's easy to mod the damage. However you won't need a value as high as shown above. a value of 2 or 3 times the original will be enough for a very substantial damage increase.

If you want to mod the MP game it's a lot more complicated: the server and all the clients have to have the same value, otherwise the damage isn't calculated. And! it causes lag when someone tries to "mod" the MP game one-sidedly.

In the what rocks and EpicOnline scripts the ini values are hardcoded and ini checks are made to prevent this kind of lag. Therefore if you change the values of an existing weapon you will be rejected. (even on your own server).
You can make new weapons, and they won't be checked. But, you will then have to provide all other players with the new weapon.

If you or anyone else wishes to make your own completly new MP mod I'll happily provide scripts for the ini file checks to provide for your new weapons after you have the new mod balanced and ready for general release (but certainly not for just one modded weapon.)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 1 week ago #9680 by Second Chance
Good point, MajorTom.

Midget_Man, which version are you trying to mod? If it's the SP game, just make sure you've extracted the weapon INI into the games resource folder, like you did with the ship INI's to change the cargo capacity. And uncheck the read-only value in the file properties before you open and save it.