Act 3 mission 4

More
21 years 2 months ago #17690 by snail112
Act 3 mission 4 was created by snail112
Hi, I am battling to finnish act 3 mission 4Capture the Accelerator. I run I-war/EoC with Patch f14.6 and Jacksons Yard Patch. When I freed the marines from the transport I proceed to the jump accelerator to destroy the field generators. But with no success!! The fleet gets crushed by the field. I have these mods available: Deluxe Starmap_Walkthrough En, multimod, walkthrough and the crosshair that came with the f14.6 patch. What can be wrong now?? Please help!![?]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 2 months ago #4832 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 3 mission 4
You have to target the blue lights inside the accelerator. There's three of them. I usually do this with a cutting beam. Others say a deathblow rem missile set off in the middle of the accelerator does the trick nicely.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 2 months ago #4841 by snail112
Replied by snail112 on topic Act 3 mission 4
Shane, I will try the cutting beam and the REM missile. Will get back to you to report my progress[8D]

More
21 years 2 months ago #4848 by snail112
Replied by snail112 on topic Act 3 mission 4
Shane, Buddy! Old Pal!!! Guess What??? Neither the cutting beam nor the REM missile worked!! What really worked was the use of TWO REM Missiles!! Shot them inside the accelerator and WHALLA the field went into smoke!! Thanks again, man:D

More
21 years 2 months ago #4854 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 3 mission 4
Glad it worked.

The cutting beam is a lot more fun... by the time you get the nodes destroyed, the fleet jumps while you're still in the accelerator and you have to avoid many large ships going very fast. ;)

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 2 months ago #4855 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Act 3 mission 4

What really worked was the use of TWO REM Missiles!!

Nah! Only takes one. Just shoot it right for the very center of the lda field. I believe it even sets itself off when it hits the shield. Blast should perfectly destroy all the nodes.