Act 3 Mission 5 - Deepcover

More
21 years 3 months ago #17657 by ViperOne
I am still not understanding the station light colour thing. I do not understand what to look for. I choose the colour shown when I dock but when I get to the one with four clours I always fail. Any hints?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4185 by JeffreyB
Here is the easist way to do the mission after you have approached the station and given your clearance code;

First, target and take care of each transmitter relay in turn ("number 1", "number 2" ... thru "number 4")... this isn't *REALLY* necessary, its just the way I like to do it. The "number" is tacked onto the end of the target ID.. you have to target it and wait for the full ID to scroll right-to-left thru your Target ID window. Again, it isn't really necessary to do them in order... the targeting brackets around the relays start out as light blue ("mission critical") and then turn to yellow ("neutral") after you have taken care of them, so you don't REALLY need to keep track of which ones you have done .. just do the light blue ones until all four are done.

In any case... target a relay, and then invoke auto-dock (F8) and *immediately* scroll thru your contact list (comma, period keys) until the *station* is targeted - this WONT cancel your auto-dock to whatever relay you are docking to, you will still fly towards it but the *station* will be targeted. Then, after you have docked and Lemuel Smith says " ... OK, which one shall I pick ? ... " then quickly press F3 (Cycle External View) twice to get an external view of the Station - and note the *current* color of the lights (the color of the lights change in-between each relay that Smith hacks into) - after noting the color you can go back to normal view with F1, and then answer Smith's quest ("Red", "Blue", etc). Then if you answered the question correctly, Smith says "I'll be gobsmacked, it worked, well, lets move on". Then undock ("U"), target a relay you haven't done yet (brackets=light blue), invoke autodock (F8), then immediately target the station, then when Smith asks the question again cycle ecternal view so that you can see the color of the blinking lights on the station... etc... until all four relays have been done.

You fail the mission (and the local security forces attack you) if you answer with a wrong color *OR* if you take *too long* answering Smith's questions... thats why I suggest doing things as I have.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4216 by ViperOne
Thanks, after about twenty annoying attempts I got there. Mind you I finished it and now cannot get the next mission. Have read the required email but no "smokescreen". This is starting to get frustrating. But thanks again.