Can't find any stations @ Dante's inferno

More
21 years 3 months ago #17647 by vorlon
Hi there guys 'n girls

I've just a major problem with act2 mission 25 Dante's inferno.

After nearing the L-point, Hoffer tells me that I should get 3 waypoints but I get just the marauder base. [:(]
The gunstars can't be damaged to less than 20 percent nor can the base be destroyed.
Annihilation them with the cheat (x, CTRL, ALT) doesn't do any good since my own fleet jumps away and I can't follow them.
If I am really lucky to catch one of the guys with the autopilot, he just goes straight, not following the rest of the fleet and flying to heaven only knows where.

And the most unnerving problem is, that I don't get any other waypoints so I can't complete the mission! [:0]

Could anyone help, send a savegame or tell me how to alter mine to get those waypoints back and the mission completed??

Must be something with the savegame, 'cause reinstalling and patching with F14.6 (it's the game's german edition[game and european patch] but that shouldn't be a problem?) doesn't help a bit.

Thx a lot

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4058 by Stephen Robertson PS
I've come across this problem before, and I've never managed to track the cause down. Send me your save game and I'll resurrect the stations for you.

Send it to mailto:steve@particle-systems.com]steve@particle-systems.com

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4059 by Stephen Robertson PS
Oh, and to destroy the Marauder HQ target the base to disable the gunstars, then use manual aiming mode to destroy the gunstars, then you can destroy the base.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4065 by Getaway
I'm stuck on that mission at the mo, how in fricks name do you take out that carrier and the crusiers at the end, after about a minuite my ship is virtually the only one left, and I can't avoid all the weapon fire coming my way and do any meaningful damage to the enemy ships, for example I'd like to destroy wepon systems but the only way to do this is to get within 5 clicks of the ship then sub target the system, which takes a few more seconds where I am vulnerable because I have to be pointed straight at it o avoid acidentally targeting one of the marauder ships that is flying around. Any suggestions on tactics/weapons load out to take these things, I've not had any problem against one cruiser or carrier but three with loads of fighter support is killing me. When I've killed singles I've used Gatling cannons but they run out of ammo too quickly...please help.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4075 by Shane
I'm assuming you're talking about the battle at the end of the mission.

I've won the day by telling all my wingmen to attack the cruiser and letting Hoffer take care of himself. In fact, I fired a missile at the cruiser just rile him up, and then stayed just out of range until the wingmen destroyed him. The cruiser never fired on anyone but me.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 3 months ago #4076 by Getaway
I did a time count when I had another go earlier, in less than a minuite of the dozen allied ships there were only 3 left, both enemy cruisers and the carrier were still active, as was about 8 or 9 fighters. I managed to take out the carrier and one of the cruisers which was best effort yet.